Best armor sets(aesthetically)

+

LOL, Geralt looks like a potato in this armor.

If you don't think it's appropriate to share a matter regarding the game openly on the forum, then please don't offer to do so via other means. If you're unsure if it's ok to post something, feel free to consult with the moderators first. Some posts have been deleted.

Last edited:
Meh, it's subjective. I think Geralt looks like more of a potato after the mod.

That's because of Geralt body, not the armor itself. I guess he was too jelous of Letho's shape, he took a lot of steroids in the six month between Witcher 2 and 3.

That's because of Geralt body, not the armor itself. I guess he was too jelous of Letho's shape, he took a lot of steroids in the six month between Witcher 2 and 3.

Oh yeah, it was reeeally annoying when i had to adjust the TW2 armors for Geralt's TW3 body, it's wider

Nekker booties - nothing else,
Day 237 and they have begun to accept me as one of their own, roaming the land together with my brothers
Occasionally I don a shirt or Cidarian Cavalry armour when I have to pretend to be a witcher...

I like most of the armours in the game. But I would never use those chest armours which have too much plateing, like the Zireael armour. I still missing the Raven's armour from the first game, and generally an armour like from the first game. The first set of bear looks like that though. I loved using that.

In all aestetical and practical matters i think Feline armor is the best-brigandine with splinted bracers and greaves and hauberk. Best protection without flaws to agility. Only weak point-trousers. I think they could be more protected. With splinted brigandine chausses for example.

I was still thinking about this, I was curious to see if I missed something cool....

...but no, there's nothing good for me. I actually felt this as a big problem during my first run with the game, because...well, let's face it, the armors should not be only functional within the system (stats etc...) but they should also be aesthetically appealing. My problem with those armors is...they are common stuff. They don't fit Geralt because those armors are made for NPCs and grounded in reality. There's nothing special made for Geralt at all, neither the Witcher's sets really fit the character. And this matter because, in terms of progression, I felt most of the time I was wearing something wrong and boring to see for my character, and there was nothing special in the loot system.

They don't fit Geralt because those armors are made for NPCs and grounded in reality.
They went in mainstream mode in this regard, like in many others fantasy RPGs the developers let you wear the same things of NPCs because basically you're anonymous as much as them. Applying this same principle to Geralt is wrong, so wrong, and it's noticeable from the first hour of the game when this is the first armor you can obtain.

Huge stepback from TW2 in my opinion.

They went in mainstream mode in this regard, like in many others fantasy RPGs the developers let you wear the same things of NPCs because basically you're anonymous as much as them. Applying this same principle to Geralt is wrong, so wrong, and it's noticeable from the first hour of the game when this is the first armor you can obtain.

Huge stepback from TW2 in my opinion.

But as concept, it actually works. Those armors need to be there. But there's almost nothing to balance the presence of common armors.

Those armors need to be there.
I don't know, not for me, maybe for making money from them? It could make sense make but jeez, 18 out of 20 are lowpoly/lowres/peasants armor. 5 maybe 6 armors like that? Fine, but the rest have to be good-looking ffs.

PS: This is one of the first and shittiest armors of TW2, and it's awesome because of how basic and good it looks.

Last edited:
I don't know, not for me, maybe for making money from them? It could make sense make but jeez, 18 out of 20 are lowpoly/lowres/peasants armor. 5 maybe 6 armors like that? Fine, but the rest have to be good-looking ffs.

PS: This is one of the first and shittiest armors of TW2, and it's awesome because of how basic and good it looks.

I think of a system that implements Witcher style gear that actually fits Geralt, created by diagrams where you have to use a common armors.

For example, using this horrible armor

to create something like this

Top Bottom