Deadly dialogs and fails in TW3?

+
So I guess if Geralt going to die in cutscene, we will just sit and watch, and not madly smashing buttons to prevent it. :)

Yes, I am all for out-of-combat deaths if you mess up. In fact, I'd make it more recurrent and a bit harder, those in TW1 and 2 are very easy to avoid.

Especially when it comes to dialogue. You should not be able to survive if you act like an idiot.

Yes, I am all for out-of-combat deaths if you mess up. In fact, I'd make it more recurrent and a bit harder, those in TW1 and 2 are very easy to avoid.

Especially when it comes to dialogue. You should not be able to survive if you act like an idiot.

Hah in that case, for most gamers, the majority of idiocy deaths will be caused by a certain raven haired sorceress.

Indeed.

If Geralt is all like "Hey psssst, Emhyr, you got some of your spices I can buy?", he should order your execution in 5 seconds.

Why kill a witcher for a stupid joke? :p And what if this starts a new quest, in which they throw him in a jail, and then we must escape from there?

Last edited:
I don't think making you continue from a previous checkpoint is the right consequence for having failed or made the wrong choice. I would much rather the game embraced any outcome the player might take and react accordingly.

Now obviously there's always the potential for people to save scum to circumvent the ramification, but I think it'll be a minority of players who resort to that kind of behavior when they don't get the outcome they want. Besides if it makes them enjoy the game more well good for them, it's not like it'll ruin the game for others.

I don't think making you continue from a previous checkpoint is the right consequence for having failed or made the wrong choice. I would much rather the game embraced any outcome the player might take and react accordingly.

Now obviously there's always the potential for people to save scum to circumvent the ramification, but I think it'll be a minority of players who resort to that kind of behavior when they don't get the outcome they want. Besides if it makes them enjoy the game more well good for them, it's not like it'll ruin the game for others.
A more forgiving 'Insane'-like mode where you could still load up an earlier save game (in case of an untimely or stupid death) but without undoing certain actions or decisions in the process would be perfect.

In all seriousness I doubt the fact that CDPR will allow Geralt to die of stupid reasons or wrong dialogue many times. It's all in good fun in certain occasions, and justified even to Geralt's "canon" character, which CDPR tries to achieve, for example Geralt getting angry at Roche and subsequently getting shot with our new favorite weapon for killing bears.. But it will be limited for sure in TW3 just like it was in TW2. In my opinion of course..

Top Bottom