Is it time to go dark?

+
Right! This didn't quite work last time, as a wave of anticipated material swept in shortly after. But, now, with the Q&As over, and the game 14 days away, I'm out of here. I'll see everybody later, much later. Fare well, and enjoy the game!

Ah, The Shadow... some people still remember that movie?
There won't ever be another one quite like it.

It's approximately one month until the release and i am thinking to go dark.

It seems that with each day we will get more and more news and footage.For example,IGN and gamespot will be posting videos about EVERYTHING in the game,the youtubers will be streaming loads of stuff next week,and generally every gaming site will have something to share.Also,CDPR themselves will most likely upload new trailers etc.

So,i fear that if i keep up with all this new footage,i will severely spoiled.I am not talking about the story,although there is a chance that some plot point will be spoiled,especially little ones.(for example the latest trailer had yen/triss interaction,which was spoilerish).I am talking about the general feel of the game.

On the other hand,i believe that there is some great stuff coming up,which i actually believe that it will be interesting and useful.For example,when will we get this forums Q&A?It seems quite interesting...

So,should i completely go dark until the release or not?
What you are going to do?

Attachments

• may19.jpg
    may19.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 28
Right! This didn't quite work last time, as a wave of anticipated material swept in shortly after. But, now, with the Q&As over, and the game 14 days away, I'm out of here. I'll see everybody later, much later. Fare well, and enjoy the game!

REally? So sad news. Well, enjoy your game too, friend.

2 funny condensed months with you around here! Thank you!

Godspeed Rivenll. I will see you on the other side.

I know... but now I'm force to be a litlle more in the dark without him till some days after the 19th... several days.... a lot of days!!!! Don't search me then :p

With the game being leaked early.

Now is the best time to go completely dark.

I will try my best to avoid the streams and leaked videos.

Hello, My name is Phalzyr and I like to click any link I see... I can't stop myself... I just click and click and click.

This one time at band camp...

J/K Still not going dark I'd have nothing to spend my time on. But also still not clicking on links until someone confirms that no spoilers are present.

Yeah I'm definitely dark to all videos from here on out. I'll still hang on the forum until the 18th unless it gets really bad with spoilers. Reviews should still be fair game IMO.

I write to a Brazilian Witcher fan site and a Brazilian gaming community. I can't go dark hahaha :( . I'm lost

I have never spoken but have observed this forum for over 2 years on and off, with the leaked twitch footage I am going to avoid the Internet as much as possible, it's been fun and informative reading all the threads.

Thank you and enjoy the game, I know I will.

Farewell

Given the recent leaks in form of twitch streams, I will proceed to go dark after today.

Might be the right call... the game already had EXCESSIVE pre-release exposure as is, can only get worse from here.

I've never been much of a twitch visitor, barely watched any streams whatsoever, not really a fan of it either. Oh well, guess it's a good thing now.

I shall resist.

Yeah I'm definitely dark to all videos from here on out. I'll still hang on the forum until the 18th unless it gets really bad with spoilers. Reviews should still be fair game IMO.

Yeah I guess that's what I'll be doing as well.

I'm less concerned with streams than I am with the written word.

Having watched some, it's clear a spoiler isn't suddenly gonna spring up from nowhere and, after all, you'll really have to go looking for the leaked footage and if you do then you can't exactly complain.

However, pictures and/or cartoons/memes or brief but spoil-ery comments with regards to the main plot could spring up anywhere, even if the subject in hand isn't directly related to TW3. You know how people can just actively seek to troll and spoil other's fun.

So yeah, I'll continue visiting this forum but I'll avoid reading comments and any dodgy sounding headline link on other sites.

I'm also mostly afraid of spoilers in the comments section of witcher related articles on gaming sites. I remember a week before Bioshock Infinite released I think IGN published the worlds first review of the game. Someone in the comments section somehow played the game and spoiled the ending. Luckily it sounded so absurd that I didn't attach it any value. Only after finishing the game I realized that the spoiler was actually true.
I fully expect someone to spoil important parts of the story- that's how some people are.

Top Bottom