New Game++ and so on.

• Yes, I'd like NG++

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • don't care

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No don't need it

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Good point - what would have been better than NG+ is an option to reset all the side-quests and contracts so that they're upscaled to Geralt's end-game level. That's not my idea, some others have been suggesting it for a while, but it makes the most sense in terms of NG+. I've been lobbying for perpetual NG+ since before the game was released, but even I've basically had enough of the main questline. I would, however, love to continue playing out monster contracts into perpetuity, and the most likely route to that end seems to be NG+/+

Thats actually a really good idea, thats probably a lot less work for CD projekt red to do in comparison to NG++'ing, in my opinion. I just figured it would give players the option to either go with the storyline quests or just tackle the witcher contracts.

---------- Updated at 08:38 PM ----------

Please CDPR.... just do it :D

We fucking love your game , we want to play your game over and over but with all the fancy stuff you created. You brought us so many cool things with BaW and HoS but we can only use them for around 1/10 of the Game. We want to use them in the whole Game. We want to experience every little aspect. You brought us lvl 100 and scaling enemies but you only will reach around 90+ at the end of NG+.

This is true, even for the time it takes on a first playthrough to be able to attain the items initially is close to the end game of that specific playthrough. At that point you're essentially just getting the better version in the NG+ (which the HoS quests were close to around lvl 65 or so, very late game) So being able to enjoy the equipment is pretty lacklust when the most important enemies are already solved.

This game would probably be one of THE BEST, if it gave the option to constantly NG+ with your character, it would allow you to literally be a completionist with your character/quests/items/etc...

For people to say "eh, I'm just fine with playing the game once or even just the NG+" thats great! However, some look to complete all the achievements/quests/collecting items/trophies. I'd say the casual gamers for a series like the witcher, are the minority.

---------- Updated at 08:43 PM ----------

great idea, i want to play through it again, but i have to search for the oils and potions recipes everywhere again, a witcher should start his adventures with all the recipes, formulae, that he needs to fight monsters, etc, and the new mutation, it'd be amazing to start from the beginning wth the new mutation system enabled and to activate mutations as the game progresses and as leveling up, because these mutations are available only in blood and wine, als when the game it's about to end, we canonly use them for a very little time,
som maybe a ng after ng+ would be a very good idea

This does make sense to a degree, I'd argue for the enhanced or at the least, the superiors would need the recipe seems how witchers have relatively decent knowledge for the basics or slightly complex brewing techniques.

This does make sense to a degree, I'd argue for the enhanced or at the least, the superiors would need the recipe seems how witchers have relatively decent knowledge for the basics or slightly complex brewing techniques.

the thing is, geralt does not start with all basic formulae and reciopes for all potons, oils, decoctions, alchemy substances, bombs, etc, if we just have to find the superior version is not a problem but we have to find even the basic formulae and recipes
and the mutations. witcher have mutations, great, why are they not available from the start? the mutation system must be available from the beginning of the game, it only becomes avalable near the end of the game

and the mutations. witcher have mutations, great, why are they not available from the start? the mutation system must be available from the beginning of the game, it only becomes avalable near the end of the game
its because the doctor found a way to mutate witchers even further than they already were (not on purpose though) so geralt is mutated yes but he isnt able to have more mutations until he...well...mutates himself further using the doctors machines.

its because the doctor found a way to mutate witchers even further than they already were (not on purpose though) so geralt is mutated yes but he isnt able to have more mutations until he...well...mutates himself further using the doctors machines.

I think what he meant was, why cant you do the experiment with the machine sooner rather than the point in the game where the quest allows you to go to Toussaint. Which is relatively close to the end of the first playthrough. NG+ sort of solves it in a way but, at that point in time you hardly have the mutagens/ability points to fully optimize yourself or to even experiment that much. Potion of clearance helps, but the ability points required to get the decent mutagen abilities from the experiment really mess with your overall character build. The experiment mutagen abilities are so skill point intensive X.X in the beginning at least.

Edit: You can go to Toussaint at any point in the game, but I meant the difficulty ramp for the quests scale the enemies to the quest level.

Last edited:

that quest should be available in the base game, or why must it be even a qust' this new mutations system could be added to the game without a quest, just like the new interface, you open the character menu and there are mutations to choose and activate, perfect!

Yea, after looking at the number of skill points (and thus levels) required to get the 4th extra ability slot unlocked, it's pretty obvious an option to play another NG+ after B&W is required.

Without mods there is no way one can gain enough levels. The last two alone require 14 points!

Yea, after looking at the number of skill points (and thus levels) required to get the 4th extra ability slot unlocked, it's pretty obvious an option to play another NG+ after B&W is required.

Without mods there is no way one can gain enough levels. The last two alone require 14 points!

I wont lie, I was on my second playthrough and I didnt have enough mutagens to unlock the full mutagen tree for all the last 3 yellow special abilities. Even after converting all the witcher monster mutagens to the green/blue/red, I just didnt have enough X.X It was at the point of fully finishing the NG+ that I had just enough to unlock the last ability, but what do I do with those now?....kill the free world monsters? felt counter intuitive.

I wonder if someone might make a mod that allows a save, be able to play through another NG+. There has to be someone trying to do something of that sort, especially if CDPR isnt going to touch on it.

I wont lie, I was on my second playthrough and I didnt have enough mutagens to unlock the full mutagen tree for all the last 3 yellow special abilities. Even after converting all the witcher monster mutagens to the green/blue/red, I just didnt have enough X.X It was at the point of fully finishing the NG+ that I had just enough to unlock the last ability, but what do I do with those now?....kill the free world monsters? felt counter intuitive.

I wonder if someone might make a mod that allows a save, be able to play through another NG+. There has to be someone trying to do something of that sort, especially if CDPR isnt going to touch on it.

I honestly think CDPR will fix this with a repeating NG+ patch because the sad fact is their game's progression is woefully imbalanced right now, and nobody wants the amazingly high quality legacy of The Witcher series to end on that note.

I honestly think CDPR will fix this with a repeating NG+ patch because the sad fact is their game's progression is woefully imbalanced right now, and nobody wants the amazingly high quality legacy of The Witcher series to end on that note.

I hope so, although I dont remember if I read a post somewhere saying that, CDPR was going to support the game until the end of 2016? Dont quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure thats posted somewhere. If thats the case, the only thing I could think of them doing in that time span is potential patches and MAYBE rework the NG+. Lots of time till the end of 2016, so who knows.

In my opinion, a majority of the suggestions seem to be aimed towards a more balance progression, like you said. The easiest way for them to sort of address a majority of the problems would be the NG+ rework. You'd be less hard pressed for missing quests and potential trophies or rewards when you can deal with them in a playthrough or 2.

Gwent was also an issue I had with the NG+, losing all the cards you gained? X.X It was a chore in itself to not only face a good roster of main characters, but also going up against Inn keeps to get like a double of a card you want to experiment different deck ideas with. Not to suggest you keep all the gold bordered cards, but at the least the regular common/uncommon cards X.X It almost feels like a roll of the dice not so much a flip of the coin when you first start out, attempting to win a game. I think like 1 in 5 games, I would win simply because id get rocked the other 4 times. You could argue "well just buy some from the Inn keeps", you dont know which are actually selling unless you look on a guide online. Even randomly interacting with every merchant you happen to stumble by, doesnt ensure you will always find the right deck type of cards that you want to build a deck around (ie: Nothern Realm, Nilfgaardian, etc)

Gwent was also an issue I had with the NG+, losing all the cards you gained? X.X It was a chore in itself to not only face a good roster of main characters, but also going up against Inn keeps to get like a double of a card you want to experiment different deck ideas with. Not to suggest you keep all the gold bordered cards, but at the least the regular common/uncommon cards X.X It almost feels like a roll of the dice not so much a flip of the coin when you first start out, attempting to win a game. I think like 1 in 5 games, I would win simply because id get rocked the other 4 times. You could argue "well just buy some from the Inn keeps", you dont know which are actually selling unless you look on a guide online. Even randomly interacting with every merchant you happen to stumble by, doesnt ensure you will always find the right deck type of cards that you want to build a deck around (ie: Nothern Realm, Nilfgaardian, etc)
i actually couldnt agree more!! i was just about to make a suggestion (or even a thread) about having the option to keep all gwent cards collected from the first playthrough when starting a NG+.
that was the absolute most annoying thing to me about NG+ was loosing all your gwent cards. i understand that some of them are mission related (sorta) but why not JUST take away those cards? why do we have to scour the globe to get all the damned cards we got in the previous playthrough? just make it an option!!

i actually couldnt agree more!! i was just about to make a suggestion (or even a thread) about having the option to keep all gwent cards collected from the first playthrough when starting a NG+.
that was the absolute most annoying thing to me about NG+ was loosing all your gwent cards. i understand that some of them are mission related (sorta) but why not JUST take away those cards? why do we have to scour the globe to get all the damned cards we got in the previous playthrough? just make it an option!!

Exactly! not to mention the Blood and Wine, Gwent tournament that sends you to collect the remainder cards for the Skellige deck. That was easily like an hour of NPC gwenting just to get the most basic of basic cards to build the deck. I dont mind doing that on my free time, but when I wanted to take part in the tournament, it felt like a huge grind. This might be nitpicking, but I kind of feel like there should be more of a penalty for losing in gwent (outside of tournaments). Its like if you win you get crowns + a card, but if you lose, you just lose crowns. It should have a system where you potentially wager cards for cards, they would have to flesh it out for what the scale would be. Just an idea though.

Exactly! not to mention the Blood and Wine, Gwent tournament that sends you to collect the remainder cards for the Skellige deck. That was easily like an hour of NPC gwenting just to get the most basic of basic cards to build the deck. I dont mind doing that on my free time, but when I wanted to take part in the tournament, it felt like a huge grind. This might be nitpicking, but I kind of feel like there should be more of a penalty for losing in gwent (outside of tournaments). Its like if you win you get crowns + a card, but if you lose, you just lose crowns. It should have a system where you potentially wager cards for cards, they would have to flesh it out for what the scale would be. Just an idea though.
...or even bet items for items. if the opponent agreed they would up the ante and play harder than normal. i like this idea!!!

ng++

I just finished the game (ng+) on blood and broken bones difficulty and would like to play it again on death march with all the gear I now have and reach level 100 (now 82), but thats impossible since there's no ng++ :( You guys think it would be possible for CDPR to eventually add the ng++ option? Are there other people who would like to see this happen too?

Last edited:
I finished the game 2 days ago on ng+ and i wanted to replay immediately. I was about to make a thread myself about multiple ng+ but then i found this and i am happy i am not alone on this thought.

I finished the game 2 days ago on ng+ and i wanted to replay immediately. I was about to make a thread myself about multiple ng+ but then i found this and i am happy i am not alone on this thought.
far from it friend. this issue has gotten SSOOO much attention from fans im surprised it hasnt been put in the game yet.

Top Bottom