New Game++ and so on.

• Yes, I'd like NG++

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • don't care

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No don't need it

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Having a stacking New Game + has been something I have actually been desperate for for a long time now. If it had been an option from the beginning, I never would have bought Fallout 4 because I would have been too busy protecting Velen. My desires for this mode have only been compounded with each piece of DLC. I want so badly to play through again and make new choices, experience unseen corners of the new stories, but my only option to do this is to throw away hours of work and customization.

There was a moment when I booted up my New Game + file for the first time in months to play Blood and Wine, after the last patch which corrected some errors in the New Game + initial usage, that the message popped up that the game had been completed and I could play a new mode. Now, I know this was simply a message in response to the patch, but what surprised me was my reaction. I found myself more excited at the prospect of starting the game all over again in a New Game ++ than I was to even touch the new Blood and Wine expansion.

The longevity a stacking New Game + would give to this game is beyond comprehension. CD Project Red has proven to me, a new player to their games, that they're a developer I will be pre-ordering from from here on out. The implementation of this feature would ensure that their games would be something I recommend to everyone I meet without a moment's hesitation.

I am happy for new game endless without rebalancing. Or even replaying individual quests without balancing. I think if you've taken the time to complete the game and upgrade Geralt to his best, you deserve to be riding a flaming horse (darksiders) destroying everything by just looking.

I mean to say, I support the thread title. I would like endless new game +. Not just two playthroughs. Or even the ability to replay individual quests without rebalancing. I.e. Geralt's current level :D

OOOHH sorry for misunderstanding.
yea i really support the idea of continuous playthroughs without having to erase everything weve already done. ^w^

Maybe CDPR surprises us all at E3 2016. The Witcher Card Game (Stand Alone - sure it will come) AND New Game++ for The Witcher 3. Would be awesome! :)

are we 100% on getting an enhanced edition?
even if we do what exactly would be different from the OG game? (just curious)

Until there is an official announcement, nothing is certain. Furthermore, considering they have explicitly stated B&W is the end of Geralt's adventure, I would say the chances of an EE are much less than 50/50. Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? IMO no. IF there was an EE, we simply don't know how it would be different from the base game at this time.

Is it possible to flag a NG+ file back to NG? If so, are we lacking the resources to make this possible or is it more complex than that?

I totally agree, they should make an endless amount of NG+ that are scaled or at least make the save file be able to NG+ endlessly with the enemies start at lv30. This was pretty disappointing to figure out you could only NG+ once, which doesnt make sense in the slightest.

The game was designed to weigh your options that affected the outcome of the story. Being that there are more than 2 endings (Not including the DLC endings) means that, after your intial playthrough, you would then be able to NG+ and try out different dialogue/choices to see a different end result. However, after that second game around you then have to abandon the character you sank hours in and all the customizing, start fresh just to see the other results?......what a wasted opportunity. I've dropped the game since.

One could argue they never intended for the initial NG+, it still sounds silly that you build a character, find all the upgraded potion recipes/armors, craft them only to end out with the free world monsters that barely give exp or notable loot after the end game. For example: The Grandmaster Legendary gears for a majority of armor sets are at lvl 70, i think the swords are 67-69? By the time you did the second playthrough and got to lv70, majority of the quests are done or you are near the endgame (Including the DLC quests otherwise you wouldnt be near lvl70) So when you make the gear, you have very little time to interact with some of the big boss monsters in the witcher contracts or be able to experiment in the mainstory quests. Just an opinion I wanted to share.

I totally agree, they should make an endless amount of NG+ that are scaled or at least make the save file be able to NG+ endlessly with the enemies start at lv30. This was pretty disappointing to figure out you could only NG+ once, which doesnt make sense in the slightest.

The game was designed to weigh your options that affected the outcome of the story. Being that there are more than 2 endings (Not including the DLC endings) means that, after your intial playthrough, you would then be able to NG+ and try out different dialogue/choices to see a different end result. However, after that second game around you then have to abandon the character you sank hours in and all the customizing, start fresh just to see the other results?......what a wasted opportunity. I've dropped the game since.

One could argue they never intended for the initial NG+, it still sounds silly that you build a character, find all the upgraded potion recipes/armors, craft them only to end out with the free world monsters that barely give exp or notable loot after the end game. For example: The Grandmaster Legendary gears for a majority of armor sets are at lvl 70, i think the swords are 67-69? By the time you did the second playthrough and got to lv70, majority of the quests are done or you are near the endgame (Including the DLC quests otherwise you wouldnt be near lvl70) So when you make the gear, you have very little time to interact with some of the big boss monsters in the witcher contracts or be able to experiment in the mainstory quests. Just an opinion I wanted to share.

Good point - what would have been better than NG+ is an option to reset all the side-quests and contracts so that they're upscaled to Geralt's end-game level. That's not my idea, some others have been suggesting it for a while, but it makes the most sense in terms of NG+. I've been lobbying for perpetual NG+ since before the game was released, but even I've basically had enough of the main questline. I would, however, love to continue playing out monster contracts into perpetuity, and the most likely route to that end seems to be NG+/+

Petition for unlimited NG+

Please CDPR give us an unlimited NG+
It doesn't have to be a NG++, NG+++ etc., and it doesn't need to be balanced , we don't care. Just let us replay NG+ as often as we want with keeping all our Stuff, our Level and our Skills. Just remove Quest Items and Gwent Cards and that's it.

We just want to replay your wonderful Game without searching all our Stuff again and again. We earned that before, so let us enjoy your Game without those stupid boundaries.

Sign here if you're the same opinion and let CDPR hear our Voice!

You can just load NG save again and again. Problem fixed.

Personally, to me something like this looks pointless. I would rather have unlimited NG+ with enemies also getting stronger.

If you reload a NG+ with a regualar Save you don't have the legendary Witcher Gear and you won't have all the higher lvl gear you found in NG+, so that's silly.
Enemies already scale with your level (if you turn it on) so they do get stronger.

You also can't get all items in the Game with just 1 NG+. It's simply impossible.

great idea, i want to play through it again, but i have to search for the oils and potions recipes everywhere again, a witcher should start his adventures with all the recipes, formulae, that he needs to fight monsters, etc, and the new mutation, it'd be amazing to start from the beginning wth the new mutation system enabled and to activate mutations as the game progresses and as leveling up, because these mutations are available only in blood and wine, als when the game it's about to end, we canonly use them for a very little time,
som maybe a ng after ng+ would be a very good idea

Please CDPR.... just do it :D

We fucking love your game , we want to play your game over and over but with all the fancy stuff you created. You brought us so many cool things with BaW and HoS but we can only use them for around 1/10 of the Game. We want to use them in the whole Game. We want to experience every little aspect. You brought us lvl 100 and scaling enemies but you only will reach around 90+ at the end of NG+.

Top Bottom