Option to scale font size

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Marsep

It isn't only a problem for who can't understand the dub, since all text in the game is small - diary, skills screen, items descriptions and so on. The elements of the UI are scalable and the fonts accompanying them get scaled accordingly, but the text of dialogue subtitles and the aforementioned menus is not. It is, thus, probably harder to properly fix than just upping the subtitles size.

I believe it's just an oversight which didn't get noticed in time to be solved for release (especially since it isn't a problem limited to The Witcher 3, but common to various other comparable games), but that's the whole point - the game hasn't even released yet, so that's the time we should wait for before assuming things and getting mad about it. The guys at CDPR are probably in over their heads with fixing all kinds of issues right now.

so from what I understand scalable UI font isn't applied right?

Most UI elements are scalable, and if they are accompanied by some text it scales as well (I don't have the game yet, though, so I'm just reporting); whether this is satisfactory or not, I don't know. Dialogue subtitles and all other text, meaning the menus, diary, items descriptions and so on, can not be enlarged in any way.

Additionally, it appears that items themselves - meaning their icons in the inventory - being too small in general is an issue as well.

Well, crap. That sucks. I'm gonna be playing on my 40" TV... or at least, that was the plan. I'm not sure if I can do that if I'm not able to read text.

Too small for me on 40" TV sat 10ft away it really is a pain. Might have to put the game to one side until fixed. Hope we get a statement that they will fix it so we know if we should wait to play

After two hours playing (PS4 Version) in my 47'' TV, my eyes hurts! Every text on the screen is ludicrously small, being the subtitles font size especially annoying. There are parts that it's impossible to read it. If you don´t want to dub the game to all the lenguages, at least take care of the subtitles. An option to adjust the size of the font would be nice.
With a 47'' TV, the distance to the TV has to be between 2,5m and 5m, have you made this tests?

Last edited:
I´m sure they tested on PC Monitors to 1m, it´s impossible test this on a TV from a normal distance and don´t realize.

Yeah, All text on this game are too much small on consoles.

Even on PC this is a big problem. Picking herbs is a real struggle. The game almost forbids you to lower the resolution because then the tiny font gets even worse.

PLEASE CDPR, let us scale the font boxes.

I look like a freak because I'm playing inside the tv. Yes, inside. If I dont do that I cant see the subtitles. Its awful

---------- Updated at 11:02 AM ----------

nobody will do anything about this problem? PLEASE!!

I have a 50 incher and i have the same problem. The text for conversations is alright, but descriptions of items and stuff like that is way too small. A shame, cause TW2 was quite alright with this i believe. The game's options say the HUD size is large, but i see no option for text and such. I hope they can add that for us.

I hope CDPR made us different presets for different setups. Items and description texts are way too small for tv as for now.

PLEASE CDPR do something about this. I play on a 55 inch TV on my PS4 and I got a headache within 15 minutes of playing from the small font size. I have 20/20 vision, but had to struggle to read the glossary information, and especially the inventory descriptions are SO small.

This needs to be patched into the game, and not months from now, SOON The game is borderline unplayable on a console with the tiny font size. The font is barely readable with the distance I play from the screen, and causes serious eye strain.

I'am amazed to see that in 2015, almost no games has the option to scale fonts to fit bigger resolution and screens. Even on my 23" screen I have some difficulties to read everything if I get too far from my screen... I just don't understand this oO

Please sort this out ASAP. I want to fully engross myself in the Witcher world and read everything, but I can't due to the tiny text/font. The game, for me, is now a dust gatherer because it's giving me eyestrain. (32" TV sat 8ft away from the screen).

I am playing on PS4 on a 50" TV and some of the text is barely readable. Especially when looting or using your inventory. I may hold off playing anymore until I see if this is going to be fixed in a patch.

So gutted I'm going to have to give up on the game for the moment as It really is unplayable ATM with the small text the subs are fine but its all the rest of the text thats no good. It really was a bad idea to have the text so small but then to make it gray, dark yellow or red on a black background is just a killer. Ive ordered a Monocular so as I can play with out constantly getting up and down to read the text (and there's a lot of text).
What with the same problem with the witcher 2 text and then the fix you think they would of thought of making sure they didn't make the same mistake with this. I've been (as many others) waiting on this game for ages, I pre ordered and pre paid awhile ago. Its all good giving us all the free DLC but come on a lot of people cant even play the game yet due to this massive oversight.

Ive had to start using my Air Rifle scope so as I can play lol I feel like a Borg playing this game.

Last edited:
It should be an easy fix (I think?)- Let's just hope they hear us. Since we don't have the luxury of mods like PC users, we have to depend on them for a patch. I too have stopped playing after only about an hour. I can't justify taking Ibuprofen every time I want to play a video game

EDIT: I just discovered that pushing Playstation button plus Square supposedly allows for zooming in. I'm going to try it out
Source: http://kotaku.com/legally-blind-gamer-can-finally-enjoy-more-ps4-games-1695264255

Last edited:
It should be an easy fix (I think?)- Let's just hope they hear us. Since we don't have the luxury of mods like PC users, we have to depend on them for a patch. I too have stopped playing after only about an hour. I can't justify taking Ibuprofen every time I want to play a video game

EDIT: I just discovered that pushing Playstation button plus Square supposedly allows for zooming in. I'm going to try it out
Source: http://kotaku.com/legally-blind-gamer-can-finally-enjoy-more-ps4-games-1695264255

Just read about that feature shame Im on xbox one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom