POLL: More expansions for the Witcher 3 or a new Witcher 4 game?

+

POLL: More expansions for the Witcher 3 or a new Witcher 4 game?

• Hell Yeah! More expansions for Witcher 3! More, more, more!

Votes: 169 56.5%
  • Witcher 4 with a fresh start, completely new characters and setting? Yes, yes! It's my dream!

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Witcher 4 with Ciri? Why are you even asking? Obvioulsy she kicks ass! Let's do it!

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Honestly guys, the triology ended perfectly. Just leave CDPR alone and let them focus on Cyberpunk.

Votes: 49 16.4%

• Total voters
Let me start off by saying I like Geralt as a character and have no issues playing as him, however ...

I don't really understand why people need him so badly or the game "won't feel right" or whatever. The Witcher universe is such a fantastic, detailed one that you don't need one character to build a game around. The characters, the conflicts, the lore, it's absolutely fantastic and stands on its own even without Geralt there to drive the story along.

It's like Star Wars. You don't need to play as Luke Skywalker to take advantage of the setting and universe. The Witcher world is so much more than just Geralt.

Yea, Geralt's done more than enough, dude needs to rest and plough. I actually look forward to playing a sorcerer (we haven't really seen much of them) who uses swords or something.

the main game feels empty, so, more content on the main maps, and expantions and then Cyberpunk 2077 and then witcher 4 ;)

for me main game feels empty after you do all main quests, when there is nobody left. More content will probably come with more expos, and i kinda hope for even more and more of new areas.

I think that there is alot, like really alot of poeple who played witcher for the first time, when w3 came out, and would want more, more and more of witcher.
So make some great expos, then finish Cyberpunk 2077(cant wait for it), then come back to witcher and make an epic prequel of Geralt and its company.

Last edited:
Well it would be totally unfair for people who paid for the season pass if they didnt make any expansions, but we allready know they'll make a few of those. But hey, if witcher 4 came out today I would buy that game in a heartbeat.

The witcher 3 is the end of Geralt story so i doubt there is a witcher 4 and i don't want it. Personnaly i think when a story is closed there is no need to extend the series for making money and recycle the world. The game is really really cool but i'm really quite exciting for new content. I hope they made one or two more expansions after the two in season pass. I think the game really deserve more content i really have so much fun doing quest and hunting monsters in Velen or Skellige. I really hope they will be more countries and more monsters.

Last edited:
for me main game feels empty after you do all main quests, when there is nobody left. More content will probably come with more expos, and i kinda hope for even more and more of new areas.
Yes i think they need to do a post end-game content or or put Ciri,Yenn/Triss in the second expansion in Toussaint juts like suggested here http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer?p=1817586#post1817586 in the last and penultimate post.

After CP2077 and then a Witcher 4 with Ciri as protagonist cause Gerlats story is end but Ciri's is just at the begining.

Witcher 3 is full of bugs, and you think of a new game? CDP Red is not mass producing crap like e.g. Call of Duty each year.

Witcher 3 is full of bugs, and you think of a new game? CDP Red is not mass producing crap like e.g. Call of Duty each year.

Dear eXtremateria no one is saying that they need to do this games CP2077 and TW4 in 2 years like a cod game, CDPRED already say thet we wont see any news on CP2077 untill 2017 so maybe we will here something in the same time about TW4 but for now i think they should concentrate on TW3 bugs(1.7 will be a big pathc) and the problem of post main-quest content.

I want more expansions, and then new Witcher 4 game with Geralt again. He is just too enjoyable to play as, and I like all the characters around him a lot.

The endings are pretty continuable (apart from the bad one) anyway. I want Zerrikania road trip :D

Cyberpunk trilogy + new IP. I dont want Witcher anymore, there are plenty worlds/settings to discover for CDPR, no reason to continue Witcher for them

I think that there is alot, like really alot of poeple who played witcher for the first time, when w3 came out, and would want more, more and more of witcher.
So make some great expos, then finish Cyberpunk 2077(cant wait for it), then come back to witcher and make an epic prequel of Geralt and its company.

Sequel, witcher 4

Whatever CDPR do, I would like them to focus more on Ciri.

her playable sections in the witcher 3 were very brief and storywise lacking. Although her powers were awesome there wasn't that much of them.

what I think they should do is a post ending expansion after the two already announced expansions, where you play as Ciri with full inventory control and a large skill tree. the only problem is it would be difficult to create a post ending expansion with Ciri following each ending. CDPR would have to be very creative.
However if they do a large expansion with Ciri it would give CDPR an idea of how well Ciri is received by the community for being the playable protagonist for a next game.

Last edited:
Instead of more expansions or a Witcher 4, why not a Witcher MMO ?

Although Gerlad is the best Witcher and his story is excellent, would'nt it be awesome if we could be "A Witcher" rather than playing as "The Witcher"?

Whatever CDPR do, I would like them to focus more on Ciri.

her playable sections in the witcher 3 were very brief and storywise lacking. Although her powers were awesome there wasn't that much of them.
Same thing for me.

or me main game feels empty after you do all main quests, when there is nobody left. More content will probably come with more expos, and i kinda hope for even more and more of new areas.

Agree with all except for the prequel a sequel with Ciri and her story will be awsome.

If not more geralt, then what about playing as a sorceress aspiring to the lodge who can alter what Geralt has done either directly or through some of the more well established characters?

Instead of more expansions or a Witcher 4, why not a Witcher MMO ?

Although Gerlad is the best Witcher and his story is excellent, would'nt it be awesome if we could be "A Witcher" rather than playing as "The Witcher"?

No.

As in most cases, the poll lacks enough options to choose from :(

Personally, I'd love a proper, long post-epilogue-expansion featuring Ciri as protagonist.
Something like Dragon Age: Awakening or Baldurs Gate: Throne of Bhaal.

The engine is excellent, they don't need to create a new one. I just want more story. The engine will more than suffice even in 2 years, especially on consoles where no new hardware is expected anytime soon .

And Ciri as protagonist would allow a fresh breeze in the gameplay department. She could have a whole load of new skills completely different from Geralt.
In the books she's basically a jack of all trades. The fact that she renounced the magic Yen tought her (when it threatened to make her mad with bloodthirst and greed for power) is no hindrance in my eyes. I rather see as a starting point for a very interesting, emotional quest chain (facing her inner Falka).

Top Bottom