The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then make some UBER setting with the VGX quality with a "disclaimer" which says that those settings are only for the future.

... I don't want them to spend time optimizing a graphics setting that no one can play at the expense of the the other graphics settings. Time and resources are limited.

probably couple weeks old, now game gone gold so everything is finished and dvds are being manofactured.
no graphical changes between versions probably small bugs fixed

Ok cool so some not final version and some not ultra? I thought so since screenshots lately that clearly look like ultra mode don't look anything like most of these tubers. Looks like a console or low quality on PC. I'll hold further judgement until my two 980 have a crack at ultra

Well, don't forget there's a day 1 patch coming. Even though the game is finished, the patch may very well still deliver some fixes and improvements in this area.
Also, @Anonymous567 - stop it will you? You're not contributing anything to the discussion with those rants. Keept it civil and constructive.

I understand you do not like some of the changes made to the game, I also don't like that barrels or shadows in TW1 don't look the way they did in that early demo. But that's just the reality of development and it always has been. So no, the devs don't need to suddenly explain their decisions and changes just because somebody on the Internet is unhappy with said changes.

And this is actually a very important distinction to be made - there have been changes made. Some of them you might like, others - you might not. But it's how things are and always have been. Developers are allowed to tweak things. You've been presented with plenty of footage that shows you what the results of these tweaks are. In this very thread you will notice many differing opinions on which change is good and which change isn't. I think that speaks for itself.

Well if those changes include a downgrade in graphics I think it would be nice for the devs to talk about it openly. The fact that they don't NEED to do it has been pretty clear so far hasn't it. Just let people talk about it in circles on your forum, sometimes closing a thread and waiting for another one to pop-up. Not the best way IMHO but here we are.

I really hope that not what the final product will look like.. I'll be upset. I didn't spend the cash on my nice rig to play console games. Crossing my fingers in hopes that it is better than that.

Same here, I'm just trying to get my point across. The foliage is really distracting, textures need to be improved! The gamplay and story is great!

I get that there is a difference in the material that was earlier shown compared to the newest material. And hey I liked the older material more too and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out and come with constructive critisism. But to call the game as it is now shit is just unwarranted and outright rude. This game is a huge step forward for open world RPGs in general in so many ways (including graphics) and that is to be commended.

Finally CDPR is very open for modding so who know if the VGX can't be a reality down the road not to mention they might even themselfes release optional dlcs that improve graphics to people with beast PCs.

Same here, I'm just trying to get my point across. The foliage is really distracting, textures need to be improved! The gamplay and story is great!

Maybe you could try to get your point across using a bit more polite language and stop with the hyperboles, more people will likely join the conversation...

I apologize for this rudeness, buy may I kindly ask, what happened with the change. I really did expect the ULTRA setting to be a game changer!

Well if those changes include a downgrade in graphics I think it would be nice for the devs to talk about it openly. The fact that they don't NEED to do it has been pretty clear so far hasn't it. Just let people talk about it in circles on your forum, sometimes closing a thread and waiting for another one to pop-up. Not the best way IMHO but here we are.

People talk about many things. Some are unhappy with the combat system. Others with the Alchemy system. I do not expect the developers to explain to me why they chose to use that one combat animation that I don't like over another.

Also, I disagree there's been a downgrade in graphics, especially with the negative connotaitions that are attached to that word. Visually, the game has undergone changes - that's undeniable, lighting has been overhauled completely; a change some people like and others don't and one that the vast majority doesn't really care about. Volumetric effects are gone, for example, but we now have PBR and more detailed character models in general. There is no downgrade, it's just the game being in development - some things get improved, while others need to be scaled back a bit. It's just the reality of developing a game and seeing work in progress footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom