The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- 16 free DLCs for everyone!

+
I don't want to derail this thread. My points were directed at release day DLC even if it's free.

It's not just poor people who don't have internet. Can you see the bubble. Infrastructure, politics, governments, ect. There are many reasons why there are so many people without good cheap internet. Not just poor people.

Oh yes. The Witcher 3 on PC is not just for powerful PC's. med spec PC's should be able to run the game.

Sorry Ryanza but I still have no idea why you are complaining, you are getting free DLC and you are not happy.

It's like people are not getting what I was saying.

Yes the production will end and the game will go gold and off to printing ect. They have announced that they will still be working on content for the game (DLC). Now that DLC doesn't have to be released the day after the game is released. Adding DLC on a newly released game at launch time is not something some people want to see and there will be some people who will not buy the game just because there is DLC attached to a newly released game at launch. Here's a new game, I like that and here's the DLC - oh fuck that. That's the sentiment launch day DLC creates. Even if it's free.

The DLC should at least have been released a few weeks after the launch of the game. Because they can release it anytime they feel like it. They choose at launch time.

I never implied that content is being taking out of the game. So your reply to me is very wrong and implies that I said something else.

Ok, sorry that I misunderstood you.
Then the point is that the majority of the audience does have the internet access, so for them it'd be better to have the DLCs as soon as possible, when ready. So CDPR are just acting in the interests of the majority.

Sorry Ryanza but I still have no idea why you are complaining, you are getting free DLC and you are not happy.
Read all his posts

Galaxy client. The DLC is going to be used to get people to install Galaxy. Galaxy is where you will find updates and such. Not the only place but the main place.

So my guess is that you will get the DLC through Galaxy client on PC. But they will reveal more details later on.
Galaxy will never be forced on you they said. You probably will get the updates on Galaxy but it won't be the only way like you said. I am excited for Galaxy though and will use it

Last edited:
Awesome. :D I can never get enough customization options.

Is the Yennefer alt just the hood though? I would have preferred more than that, but I can't complain about free extras. :D

Thank you, CDPR.

You should do more stuff like this, making other companies look like shit because they fucking deserved it for making the gaming community retarded for the last decade or so.

I now have forgiven you for console-fying the UI.

CD-who's yo daddy-Red

Madness said:
FREE DLC [...]consists of 16 entirely free DLCs[...]On February 25th we will release the first bundle of DLCs (2 of the planned 16) -- the Temerian Armor Set (horse armor included)
Beautiful....

...................wait
Mega Madness said:
FREE[...]horse armor
N-no no you're doing it wrong CDPR.For horse armor you ask for this...

...and you don't go lower then $2.50 (a piece).Pftt "free horse armor"...Devs these days....

Also, some people might be forgetting that this announcement is not only for marketing or thanking their fans but also to diss other companies for not respecting the consumers.

It's a direct message from them that they too, like the consumers, hate the way current gaming industries are heading. Marcin even said it himself in the announcement. So the timing is just perfect with all these AAA game releases.

Seems to work though, a lot of people are saying they're getting the game for the sake of that message, not the game itself.

Read through thousands of comments on various gaming sites and apparently around 98 % of people are are saying good things about this and CDPR in general while the rest are pulling the PR stunt or "should've been on disc" - cards. Still haven't encountered a special snowflake like the one at steam forums months ago, who ranted on and on how CDPR-style free DLC is ruining the gaming industry. There is always tomorrow I guess. Anyway, way to go CDPR. Show that Ubish!t how things should be done here in Europe.

Still haven't encountered a special snowflake like the one at steam forums months ago, who ranted on and on how CDPR-style free DLC is ruining the gaming industry.
That guy was probably a troll. Honestly, the Steam forums are really easy to troll because they only lock threads if the conversation becomes vitriolic and you can't report people for trolling.

That guy was probably a troll. Honestly, the Steam forums are really easy to troll because they only lock threads if the conversation becomes vitriolic and you can't report people for trolling.

That I do not doubt. Still it was entertaining as hell. Mainly he was pro DRM but really flipped out when someone mentioned CDPRs policies on it.

Last edited:
I wonder, if it's already known / available, why are all these pieces expansion packs to begin with? Because they didn't fit into the release schedule?

Last edited:
I wonder, if it's already known / available, why are all these pieces expansion packs to begin with? Because they didn't fit into the release schedule?

Or, an attempt to lure gamers back into the game weeks after release. Gravy, as we say here in Murica.

So we get 16 free dlc see add ons. The first two are awesome, and the next 14 are still a total awesome mystery. We are getting like $80 busks worth of extra dlc for free over the next two months after TW3 comes out. The only other cool devs on earth to do this stuff, kinda like this, is Rockstar with GTA5. I can't wait to see what they will charge us for, because you know it's going to kick some major ass some day!
:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom