The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Witcher 3 like Gothic 2

I am waiting for years now for the game that would match Gothic 2. If Witcher 3 will have clear progression structure without level scaling it migh actually take 1st place among RPG's.

What I would like to TW3?
Nothing, I would rather a remake of TW2, built as TW1, with the same story, enriched, and playable (not full video cut scenes), without QTE, with the ability to drink potions in combat, with the "dice" as system of corruption, no invisible walls (not open world, is enough for me that it is "open chapter"), many monsters, many small decisions with great effects, without a few big decisions with small effects, designed for mouse and keyboard, with an improvement the old fighting system, not a system of a completely different kind.
Almost forgot, the dialogues with the right people and the quests should have an impact on the story. As the detective in TW1, making wrong decisions or offend certain people was really the plus of TW.
So while you do the commercial TW3, I hope you stay a little money for the TW2 really had to get out. Ah, you do not need good graphics, I'm not interested in better graphics, if it means a worsening in the game.
Do not forget to leave the drunk mode, a decent inventory and dark atmosphere.

Okay, I complained enough, I saw the video of 45 minutes of gameplay and I think that TW3 will be better than TW2, but not of TW1.
Needless to hope for a miracle, the style of TW1 is no longer fashionable, and is not suitable for gamepad. I just hope that playing it has a history that is worth the torture of continuous rolling during the fighting.

Last edited:
Dont make Geralt too OP please! Or at least create a very hard difficulty level wherein Geralt cannot become OP. I m saying this because even on Dark difficulty in The Witcher 2, Geralt became too overpowered after some point in the game.

What I always didnt undertstand in RPG games is how we know our protagonist knows full detailed list of all the stats brand new or old just found armor/sword has just by looking at it. I mean there are things like +3% atk.spd, +12.34 atk pow, -7.3% dex ..how do you know those things without using the equipment and testing it to see what it can do.

Maybe some weapons you find in the wilderness could come be unknown. You had to spend time testing it etc. to see what it is. Another way of doing random generated weapons and not always having the same weapons found in the same place on every playthough. Every armor or weapon would come with Pros and Cons stats.

Also why not give us ability to melt the equipment for mats like Silver ore and other mats, Maybe somekind of blacksmithing mini game for eg. NPC's give you orders for perticular sword, armor or creating a cure potion for thier only daughter ..things like that.

Just by reading others ideas I am coming up with new ideas. It could take pages. i will leave it for a while :)

What I always didnt undertstand in RPG games is how we know our protagonist knows full detailed list of all the stats brand new or old just found armor/sword has just by looking at it. I mean there are things like +3% atk.spd, +12.34 atk pow, -7.3% dex ..how do you know those things without using the equipment and testing it to see what it can do.

Maybe some weapons you find in the wilderness could come be unknown. You had to spend time testing it etc. to see what it is. Another way of doing random generated weapons and not always having the same weapons found in the same place on every playthough. Every armor or weapon would come with Pros and Cons stats.

Also why not give us ability to melt the equipment for mats like Silver ore and other mats, Maybe somekind of blacksmithing mini game for eg. NPC's give you orders for perticular sword, armor or creating a cure potion for thier only daughter ..things like that.

Just by reading others ideas I am coming up with new ideas. It could take pages. i will leave it for a while :)

I like these ideas. Finding out about weapons could be similar to learning about monster just from fighting them.

Also since crafting is a big part of getting equipment, smelting for mats would be great. I hated the fact that I had to hoard every item in W2 not knowing if I'm going to be using it (thank god for stash) or waiting for vendors to restock their silver ore supply just because it's so sparse in the world. Melting silver swords for reusable silver doesn't seem unrealistic. Of course, you'd get a lesser amount than what was used to create it.

Because it's a game and not real life.

Geralt isn't a blacksmith. That's why he needs blueprints and other NPCs to craft stuff. I wouldn't make any sense for a dude to walk up to Geralt and ask him to craft a sword. Wouldn't it be more logical for the dude to ask a blacksmith instead?

Sorry, but finding a sword in a chest somewhere only to realise it's worse than the one you already had later down the line, probably when you're in the middle of a battle, is just bad game design in my opinion. I'm all for realism and all that, but this goes in the realm of sacrificing proper gameplay for the sake of realism.

If you really want to chuck it under the "it has to make sense" label, then just think about it as if Geralt is a master swordsman and can discern if a sword is better or not in a split second.

Also I dont' see Geralt liking blacksmithing, he's not the brawny blacksmithing kind in my eyes. That's why he pays for his swords to get made.

Unidentified swords are a bit far fatched, but Geralt could identify it after just one battle. Would be a nice feature for a small quantity of equipment, not for everything you find. It brings some sense of wonder. For me, one of the greatest thrills in RPGs is finding an unidentified item.

As for smelting, no one said it would be Geralt who does it. Blacksmiths would be employed, of course. There would be options to either sell it or destroy it for parts that could get used for other designs. So mats would be gained from environment, vendors or smelted items. It's a feature in some other RPGs, I don't see the problem in implementing it in the Witcher world.

Last edited:
Because it's a game and not real life
:sweat:

@saoe I uderstand where you are coming from talking about finding weapons and somehow knowing every little detail about them. Its not bad overall but I dont like Borderlands type of games where you somehow pick up the same weapon and its somehow 0.32% better then the last one every 5 minutes. What if games didnt have damage and weapon stats at all. Sorry but I dont think this will change anytime soon. But maybe one day.
Now to beat harder monsters all you have to do is earn enough money and buy the weapon with bigger stats.

Sorry, but finding a sword in a chest somewhere only to realise it's worse than the one you already had later down the line, probably when you're in the middle of a battle, is just bad game design in my opinion. I'm all for realism and all that, but this goes in the realm of sacrificing proper gameplay for the sake of realism.

I think he is trying to say, game should be about discovering things for yourslef and not having everythign on the silver platter.

Last edited:

Well in TW1 you can gen unknown potion and bomb. TW2 remove this great feature

Suggestion: Different appearances on plot characters

I was thinking how cool it would be to see main characters in the story sporting different outfits and clothing during the game instead of always wearing the same clothing. It would be the "next-gen" thing to do. People change their clothing depending on the occassion and if we see a cut scene with people dining at a king's banquet, the invited people should be dressed for that occassion than when they would be out travelling. Of course Geralt can change outfits, but it would be nice to see other important characters do the same when the occasion occurs.

Just wanted to share my thoughts

I was thinking how cool it would be to see main characters in the story sporting different outfits and clothing during the game instead of always wearing the same clothing. It would be the "next-gen" thing to do. People change their clothing depending on the occassion and if we see a cut scene with people dining at a king's banquet, the invited people should be dressed for that occassion than when they would be out travelling. Of course Geralt can change outfits, but it would be nice to see other important characters do the same when the occasion occurs.

Just wanted to share my thoughts

I'm always wearing my lucky boxers. They are a part of who I am.

On a more serious note, I think we might get something of the like. Didn't the Yennefer Cosplay Guide show two different Yennefer outfits?

I mean, I'm not saying you will see characters dressed differently every day, but I guess we might get some variety regarding important characters. I don't know how hard it would be for characters to have many different sets of clothing. It seems to me, that a lot could potentially go wrong with that.

I'm always wearing my lucky boxers. They are a part of who I am.

On a more serious note, I think we might get something of the like. Didn't the Yennefer Cosplay Guide show two different Yennefer outfits?

I mean, I'm not saying you will see characters dressed differently every day, but I guess we might get some variety regarding important characters. I don't know how hard it would be for characters to have many different sets of clothing. It seems to me, that a lot could potentially go wrong with that.

I agree with that, Some variation is nice and all I ask for. I think it would be a pretty cool. sight to behold.

We've already seen that Yennefer has at least her dress and 'travel clothes'.

I'd expect something not too dissimilar for some of the other 'repeat protagonists'... plus various states of undress.

Knights/soldiers wear armour only in time of war, (which admittedly this whole game *is*), and while on duty &/or on the road expecting contact. The rest of the time they would wear clothing similar to that worn by merchants in the earlier games, or possibly their arming doublets (padded cloth armour), without the stiffer leather or metal plates.

I limited each playthrough to only 2 armor sets because none of the other characters would change their clothes damnit. These are the only 3 I used since the other designs were just weird and our of place.

I'd love to see Geralt in something formal and Yennefer&Triss in some revealing backless dress. They should change clothes according to the weather and maybe even cycle through some clothing every 4-7 days in-game. I know it's pretty improbable though haha.

I definitely agree.

Mass Effect let you choose the clothes of your squatmates and had various occasions where clothes were adapted to circumstances, GTA had characters wearning other clothes, various other games had that too. TW2 lacked this and I think it would add a new level of immersion having different outfits for different occasions in the game.

I don't mind having only 1 or 2 "travel" outfit(s), but if you dine on a noble party or for other occasions different clothes would be good. Also, the progress of the game time is "felt" a lot more when the characters change clothes occasionally when you meet them the next time (make the cloth-changing random or let us choose it, I don't mind either)

Top Bottom