The Witcher Remake is in development!

+
We are thrilled to announce that The Witcher Remake is being worked on! That's right, the game that started it all is being rebuilt from the ground up in Unreal Engine 5.

The Witcher series is one of the few to feature save importing. From 1 to 2 and from 2 to 3. This MUST BE MAINTAINED at all costs! I cannot stress this enough.

Please ensure that the remake uses the same save format, as the original, or generates an old-school save upon completion of the game. A 3rd option would be to update Witcher 2 to read the remake's save. If you go with #3, please add GOG achievements to Witcher 2, while you're at it ;);).

The Witcher series is one of the few to feature save importing. From 1 to 2 and from 2 to 3. This MUST BE MAINTAINED at all costs! I cannot stress this enough.

Please ensure that the remake uses the same save format, as the original, or generates an old-school save upon completion of the game. A 3rd option would be to update Witcher 2 to read the remake's save. If you go with #3, please add GOG achievements to Witcher 2, while you're at it ;);).

I mean, if it's just a solo remake. They're is no reason to include save importing.

OOOOoooooOOOOOooOoOOOooo YAY!

Is there anything else to say about this? No? Except... can't wait to see the final product :coolstory:

I mean, if it's just a solo remake. They're is no reason to include save importing.
There is, if people wish to continue the story in Witcher 2. I am saying the save of the remake should be compatible with the ORIGINAL Witcher 2. There are so many games out there, that are filled with choices that get COMPLETELY discarded in a sequel. Nothing infuriates me more. You may as well switch to making linear games, if you insist on "canon" endings.

There are very few series out there with save importing and they MUST BE PRESERVED.

Save import is an interesting point, which I am sure will be addressed later on, considering Witcher 2 only exists on PC and Xbox 360.
Well sure, but that same fact didn't stop CDPR from including save importing in Witcher 3. They cared thus far and I wish them to know that I have always appreciated being able to play all 3 games using "the same" save on PC. I only wish for this trend to continue.

There is, if people wish to continue the story in Witcher 2. I am saying the save of the remake should be compatible with the ORIGINAL Witcher 2. There are so many games out there, that are filled with choices that get COMPLETELY discarded in a sequel. Nothing infuriates me more. You may as well switch to making linear games, if you insist on "canon" endings.

There are very few series out there with save importing and they MUST BE PRESERVED.

I don't know how save importing would work on ps5 though, as Playstation only got Witcher 3. It never got 2 or 1.

Well sure, but that same fact didn't stop CDPR from including save importing in Witcher 3. They cared thus far and I wish them to know that I have always appreciated being able to play all 3 games using "the same" save on PC. I only wish for this trend to continue.
I know, but this would be different as it would be the other way around compared to Witcher 3.
There is zero chance of Xbox 360 getting a modern remaster of anything, so save import would only work on PC.

As I said, an interesting point. We'll see what they say, at some point.

I don't know how save importing would work on ps5 though, as Playstation only got Witcher 3. It never got 2 or 1.
Well it's a remake of the 1st game, so you wouldn't be importing anything into it. You would only be exporting into the second game. Obviously there is no Witcher 2 on PlayStation, but maybe they will remake it too some day in the future.

One of the suggestions in my original post was to generate an old-school save (Witcher 1 original save) upon completion of the remake. That way the story could be continued in both original Witcher 2 (On PC) and a remade Witcher 2 on consoles (Using remake's modern save), should there ever be a Witcher 2 remake.

Also, if I remember correctly, if you play Witcher 3 on a console, you have the option for save import "simulation", in a form fo questions. You get asked a few questions about your past during the bath scene on your way to the emperor. Those answers "simulate" a Witcher 2 save. The issue with that is that those questions do not cover everything that you'd gain from an actual save and they also don't provide much context to new players, so they may dismiss them as insignificant.

15 years of a dog's life aka the witcher, most excellent (and of course timing) news indeed!

preserve the original atmosphere , just do modern graphics and gameplay but keep dialogues , add more "darkness" & badassness in this witcher remake ffs !

OooOooh ! Shani on UE5... I can't wait :love:
One of the suggestions in my original post was to generate an old-school save (Witcher 1 original save) upon completion of the remake. That way the story could be continued in both original Witcher 2 (On PC) and a remade Witcher 2 on consoles (Using remake's modern save), should there ever be a Witcher 2 remake.
Yep on Xbox, it would require at least an update on Witcher 2, knowing that nothing was originally intended to import a save. But I seriously doubt CDPR will update a Xbox 360 game :)

Please, for the love of all that is holy/unholy (delete as applicable) don't 'reimagine' it to be First Person Perspective. I am still unable to play Cyberthingy due to motion sickness, please don't ruin the Witcher series in the same fashion.

Hmm. I might actally play the Witcher series now. I've had zero interest in it before even though Witcher III Wild Hunt and all the DLC have been in my Steam library for years now... untouched(it was gifted to me, I didn't ask for it).

Top Bottom