What you expect from 1.10?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect it not to come :D

It will come, but it may still take a few weeks to complete, and from what is known so far it will be a relatively large patch. In any case, it will probably be announced on the week before actually being released.

I expect it not to come :D
Y SO SRS?

I would like to see a search function incorporated into alchemy/bestiary/etc. menus. Completely overhauled GUI would be better, but I don't see that happening. Improved completed quest category (maintaining other categories within it would be nice (main, secondary, etc.), because it's a real PITA to search for a quest in there, needs search function as well.
A proper map zoom out (there's a mod for that, but I'm to dumb/lazy to figure out how to make it work), so that the entire map would be visible.
Some horse tweaks. I like to horse ride in this game, and when it works it's quite pleasant, but I get a lot of these silly glitches like invisible walls, or horse hits a pebble on the road and completely stops.
Ability to sheathe crossbow on a boat while you are controlling it. I can't leave boat controls while the crossbow is out, C doesn't seem to work. Separate button to quit combat. Sheathe just puts a weapon back, but Geralt still continues to remain in combat mode. Gets a bit annoying when you want to jump out of boat very quickly, have to roll around a bit.
Some mesh and various other fixes:
Sail is out of place:

Not the first time I saw things floating around:

And of course quest bug fixes.

Can't think of something more. Need to play it some more :D.

Last edited:
So Triss dialogue is confirmed and I'm guessing these will be addressed

-Novigrad blur/pop in glitches
-Novigrad rendering
-Geralt face rendering in that Vizima scene with Voorhis
-Freeze on blur during Isle Of Mists when dwarves hijack Geralt's boat
-Rendering in room during Isle Of Mists cutscenes when Geralt hugs Ciri
-Twitchy animations during Whoreson Junior encounter in Oxenfurt

And last but definitely not least everyone wants the main characters back in the world after postgame.

I would like to have "powerful waves" during storms that can overturn the boat :)

The inventory can and should be further improved :)

2. A way to sort completed quests.

This.

And more bonding moments with Yennefer. When I chose to romance her I noticed that in many dialogues she remained as cold as always. I think it would be nice if she became a little bit more sweet when you romance her (and do not cheat with Triss). That would be coherent with the books too: the Yennefer from the novels is much more likable than the one in this game.

I'm not going to expect too much because you never know what they're going to put out and I also don't want to get disappointed. I am glad that they're adding more romance options for Triss since I want to romance her on my next playthrough.

Some fixes I'd like to see though(whenever they do it)
-Roach's stuttering and stopping
-Various quest and marker fixes such as Skellige's Most Wanted and abandoned sites in Velen and White Orchard.
-Give us control over the combat stance please ;3
-Texture, hair and clothes pop-ins (I play on PS4)
-Have all characters in post-game
-Add more options for Exp or balance the Exp somehow.
-Fix the bug when you're on your boat in Skellige and when you kill a siren in your boat(or kill them in the water right after you manage to roll off your boat), your markers and sign posts won't disappear off the map. Everytime I venture out into the seas of Skellige, this happens to me all the bloody time.
-The dudes carrying crates. Like wtf is even going on there

And more bonding moments with Yennefer. When I chose to romance her I noticed that in many dialogues she remained as cold as always. I think it would be nice if she became a little bit more sweet when you romance her (and do not cheat with Triss). That would be coherent with the books too: the Yennefer from the novels is much more likable than the one in this game.

I doubt CDPR would significantly change how characters are already portrayed - most likely intentionally - in the game, to respond to fan demand. That is different from fixing inconsistencies within the game itself (i.e. problems that can be shown objectively even by those who have only played The Witcher 3, and did not read the books). The same may apply to complaints about the Ciri-Yennefer relationship. Also, the games are not required to be coherent with the books, they can (and do) make some changes, but they do need to be consistent within themselves.

Oh my god I hope they fix the crafting menu.

Seriouslt just allow us to permanently hide items we have no intention of crafting. That would make crafting suck 1000x less.

I agree with all the combat problems. There needs to be a fail safe to get you out of it. My advice is L3 + R3 will force Geralt out of combat.

Hopefully A matter of life and death gwent cards being obtainable or at least NG+ having your cards carry on so I can collect them on my DM run.

I'd also like a fast travel for Kaer Morhen before "Ugly Baby", just for the Wolven Gear Quest. I won't even care if the castle's front door was locked.
All I want is to have the possibility to wear the first Wolven Armor and actually matter.

I'd also like a fast travel for Kaer Morhen before "Ugly Baby", just for the Wolven Gear Quest. I won't even care if the castle's front door was locked.
All I want is to have the possibility to wear the first Wolven Armor and actually matter.

Yeah agreed. I allways have to skip the first two.

A memo (notice function) on the world map would please me.
So you could leave a labeled Pin: "Level 20 Monster, come back later!" :)
I would have liked there already a mod built, but the world map is a Flash object.

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I'd like it if we could see the level requirements for quests on the contract boards, before accepting them. Because in the current situation you can end up with a lot of sidequests in your journal which you aren't supposed to complete yet, which can be a bit annoying. I wouldn't mind a mod for this either though. As long as it doesn't look too immersion-breaking.
I'm very curious about the new Triss dialogue. Still the hardest choice in the game for me, choosing between her and Yen.

Priscilla?

Don't know if it has been discussed in this thread (thread is 20 pages on my smart phone & not going to read every post, lol), but what happens to Priscilla? Did anyone else think that it is odd that she was healing rather quickly? And nothing else is mentioned about her after the Carnal Sins quest. Dandelion should have something to say to Geralt about her, or at the very least, seeing Priscilla at Dandelion's place.

I doubt CDPR would significantly change how characters are already portrayed - most likely intentionally - in the game, to respond to fan demand. That is different from fixing inconsistencies within the game itself (i.e. problems that can be shown objectively even by those who have only played The Witcher 3, and did not read the books). The same may apply to complaints about the Ciri-Yennefer relationship. Also, the games are not required to be coherent with the books, they can (and do) make some changes, but they do need to be consistent within themselves.

You're absolutely right. The writers chose to portray a colder and more bossy Yennefer than the one in the books and they had the right to do so. I am fine with their choice.

I'm not talking a bout that though: one thing is the fact that she never forgives you for what you did when you lost your memory (AKA getting it on with Triss) and doesn't give a f**k about pissing off all your friends (Vesemir included), that part is fine by me. Another thing is the fact that even if you romance her she doesn't change her way to address you in the later stages of the game. She keeps being dismissive with you in every dialogue:

The scene that comes just before the final battle, when she asks you to come with her and live quiet life somewhere far away totally lacks emotional impact. Even before that there are some missions where she keeps treating you like a pawn (see the Final Preparations quest)... I would expect a little bit more respect from someone that says to be in love with me.

I think that this game doesn't react properly to your romance choices in general. Since I played through the story just once I didn't have the chance to experience the Triss romance option, but from what I can read I see that the game isn't too responsive even in that case. I hear the developers are addressing the issue, I'm confident they will do a great job at it.

You're absolutely right. The writers chose to portray a colder and more bossy Yennefer than the one in the books and they had the right to do so. I am fine with their choice.

I'm not talking a bout that though: one thing is the fact that she never forgives you for what you did when you lost your memory (AKA getting it on with Triss) and doesn't give a f**k about pissing off all your friends (Vesemir included), that part is fine by me. Another thing is the fact that even if you romance her she doesn't change her way to address you in the later stages of the game. She keeps being dismissive with you in every dialogue:

The scene that comes just before the final battle, when she asks you to come with her and live quiet life somewhere far away totally lacks emotional impact. Even before that there are some missions where she keeps treating you like a pawn (see the Final Preparations quest)... I would expect a little bit more respect from someone that says to be in love with me.

I think that this game doesn't react properly to your romance choices in general. Since I played through the story just once I didn't have the chance to experience the Triss romance option, but from what I can read I see that the game isn't too responsive even in that case. I hear the developers are addressing the issue, I'm confident they will do a great job at it.

lol

Don't know if it has been discussed in this thread (thread is 20 pages on my smart phone & not going to read every post, lol), but what happens to Priscilla? Did anyone else think that it is odd that she was healing rather quickly? And nothing else is mentioned about her after the Carnal Sins quest. Dandelion should have something to say to Geralt about her, or at the very least, seeing Priscilla at Dandelion's place.

If you go with
the Empress finale
there is a mention about Priscilla's health, but only then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom