Will this game only have 2 expansions?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this game only have 2 expansions?

As the rest of you I'm totally obsessed with this game, sure its long but I loved every minute. HOS was a great exp pack . . . .but 15 later and I'm once again left with noting to do. Now blood and Wine I understand will be more substantial adding a new map (though I read some rumours that its release date could have possibly been moved from early Feb/March to June/July*.

So can the base game only hold these 2 expansions or could it be possible for other DLC to make an "in-between" appearance. I'm totally hungry for more content for this game.

Other thing that's on my mind is will they make another Witcher game (based on the ground breaking success of this one) staring Gerald, or is this the last instalment of this franchise?

I hope to se more expansions. About the next game, Cyberpunk 2077 will start to appear at 2017. I think only after 2020 we will begin to see anotehr witcher game :/

According to CD projekt Red this is the last Witcher game, this is series finale and no more is planned. The witcher games have closely gone along with the books and no more has been done which is a shame as it makes me feel sad. There is also only 2 DLC's planned with the next one being 20 hours and HoS consisting of 10 hours. If success carries on they may do another DLC but their is no talks of that happening. The trilogy has been successful for CDPR and I do look forward to seeing what is next from them. I would say they have finished with an epic game.

2 have been announced so far but it has been said that 2015 and 2016 are years of the witcher so there might be time for one more.

But who knows, nothing has been announced beyond Blood and Wine. It would be great though : )

Right now only two expansions are planned. However they are working on "something else" besides the expansions and Cyberpunk 2077, that something else might be a W3 EE. It could also be another Witcher game, or CDPR's first original new IP.

As for Witcher games after Geralt I'm not sure. I think there is a chance for a spinoff series, maybe playing as a mage or a higher vampire, based on this http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/29/ending-the-witcher-3-with-a-bang-ign-first. But the Witcher series ends with Geralt, unless maybe they're planning on a Eskel, Letho, or Ciri game.

Geralt's story is done though. Any future game in the Witcherverse might have him as an NPC, but he won't be the PC.

2 things I would love to see in the future - Brokilon Expansion featuring dryads :) and upgrade DLC for the sailing & underwater exploring - because the sailing is a bit boring - it lacks the variety of water creatures (or other boats) and underwater caves to explore....

I want a life time witcher dlcs program...

Attachments

• d6c137af05f23efdf3819e5222190ec330f47f8db52d3e1807d0bbf6d5dce612.jpg
    d6c137af05f23efdf3819e5222190ec330f47f8db52d3e1807d0bbf6d5dce612.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 40
Well no more expansion are planned. However pls CD Projekt, do more Witcher games! I don´t rly care about another expansion, I care about the story and it was awesome to play from Witcher 1 to Witcher 3 with the final where you have such great moments with characters like Ciri,Yen, Wild Hunt. I really hope you will go for another Witcher game after Cyperpunk with maybe Ciri as a main character xD

CDPR haven't ruled out doing another Witcher game in the future, all they've said is this is the end of Geralt's story. Personally I've love a Witcher 4 with a new Witcher who goes through a similar background as Geralt and has Geralt as his mentor, could have him as a Vesemir role in next game. They won't be doing anything like that anytime soon though because they've spent so many years on this stuff. I seriously doubt they'll never do another Witcher game though. This series put the company into the mainstream and they know what their customers want.

PLEASE CDPR...THINK about doing more expansions. This game is absolutely gorgeous. HoS is AMAZING. I can't wait to see Toussaint. But, please...think about adding more terrain. The map is enormous and you can fill it more and more.

I'm not sure on more expansions...it really depends on how CDPR feels about it and it they think they have more stories to tell, I want them to do these kind of things not because fans asked for them but because they think there are more adventures to tell that they didn't manage to implement earlier.
If they don't want to do more expansions then maybe a TW3 EE DLC where they proper implement our choices from TW2 maybe by retconning Iorveth into the game and providing an alternate path in Novigrad if you sided with him in TW2 instead of Roche.

I wouldn't mind paying for an EE if substantial additions are made.

I hope there will be more but I don't expect it because there is already a season pass for two expansions. But if there will be a new one then it's an instant buy.

Will there be any new DLC soon.

Hello, will there be any further DLC for this game, or is there nothing planed so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom