Witcher 3 music

+
Damn I was hoping we'd get a full track.

Oh well, still absolutely wonderful. I'm just loving how unique all these previews sound (Not necessarily from each other, but just from other RPG's). I really hate to use this word, but on this one odd occasion I'll say it, mainstream casual folk coming in to TW3 expecting something similar to Skyrim are going to be in for one weird shock.
Thanks for the Upload!

Many other fantasy RPGs have generic orchestral music, but this is wonderful, authentic and unique. I must say that it's very nice to hear that so much inspiration comes from Slavic culture and mythology.

I have to say I didn't like this last piece as much as the other ones... :hmm:

I hope it'll surprise me in the final version.

I've been getting more and more (pleasantly) surprised with every single music piece I've been hearing. I first heard the music from vgx trailer, searched for it, found out it's called Sargon (as in Sargon of Akkad?) made everyone listen to it, discussed how Turkic, coming from the steppes of Central Asia it sounded, became a fan of Percival etc:) Then I heard these little snippets, and heard saz and kemençe and I can't help but ask what's going on? I heard TW3 will go back to that lovely Slavic atmosphere (at least in parts) but I'm Turkish and all these instruments and sounds are just too Turkish. Remember Turkish sound is very much influenced by -of course- Turkic, Middle Eastern and Balkans music and I'm definitely not a music expert, so I was wondering if this music is planned for the Nilfgaardian part of the world. Because they're in the south? And these sounds have a lot of South/East influence, right? Not that I expect an answer if that information is not there already but I might have missed it. Or can anyone (anyone Slavic perhaps?) tell me if they feel this is very much a Slavic music. I'm curious. All and all, amazing music, Percival has a new fan and it seems I'll feel like home when I play TW3:)

Yes, also very strong Central Asia influence. At least my ears are familiar with that music and I can hear it there. Which is, in my opinion, a lot more interesting than Middle Eastern influence which can more commonly found in music nowadays. The new ones may not sound too Southern (as in Middle Eastern), but they have saz and kemenche instruments. Never heard they were (still popular) folk instruments beyond the borders of Greece. So I find the instrument choice very interesting - and appealing.

Glad you liked it. Anyway, it's probably a good choice for them to focus on that area for the No Man's Land region, as it's the border between different cultures (like Nilfgaard and the North in TW). I do, however, hope we also get to hear many more instruments. The Witcher 1 in particular had a strong celtic influence, I certainly would like to see that make a return as well.

Skellige is inspired by Nordic culture so I suppose that the music for that part of the world will be different.

I do, however, hope we also get to hear many more instruments. The Witcher 1 in particular had a strong celtic influence, I certainly would like to see that make a return as well.

So do I. I've been replaying TW1 for the past few weeks, taking my time and I just get lost in that atmosphere and music once again. Just beautiful. This top quality variety makes me excited as well though!

Top Bottom