Wolf Gear announcement yaaaaayyyy!!

+
And the biggest fans

Thanks for nothing

Sadly =(

Your reasoning also doesn't really apply here. CDPR have built up a reputation over the past ten-or-so years of valuing their customers and providing quite the post-release support with the last two Witcher games getting an EE each. They're loved for their approach to DRM with GOG. They've earned a lot of customer goodwill. Asking for money for a single set of armor or a quest would piss on the image they've tried to create for a while now. Their past actions prevent them from asking for money. Instead, they're giving away these asset packs for free for marketing purposes and to further their brand

Lets think about it.
They build up a special Reputation over years.
They're loved for their approach to DRM with GOG.
They have earned alot of Costumers goodwill cuz of there support.
They don't take money for every singel ...lets call it ''add''
(for example:i have bought cd version standard edition cuz i like to have this stuff home.Guess what?Its packed like other Companies Limited edition i mean Sountrack+World map+Hardcover?Dafuq?Fucking thanks!)

OK with all this in mind you really want me to belive they do it only for PR wthiout having Fans in mind?Nah!

And the biggest fans who have already finished the game couldn't enjoy this stuff because it was ripped out of the release version. Thanks for nothing.

So because I don't have the time to finish a 200 hour game in a month I'm not a big fan? Also as such a huge fan you can't be bothered to play the game a second time?

I'm sure the dlc was partially or almost finished for release but instead of placing it in the game, the extend their marketing and keep the hype going. Personally I'm enjoying seeing new stuff each week. Most companies have a plan for what's in the game and then as soon as it goes gold anything done after that becomes paid dlc. Let them market, let them make money maybe that means they don't have to "sell out" their game style and we can continue to get great games from the studio... That's how it's fan service, it keeps the company going.

All of these "DLCs" are ripped straight out of the release version. I don't understand how you people can praise them...

It's quite apparent, sadly. It just doesn't make sense not to include the Wolf set when you already have the other 3 in the game. Same with those several Gwent cards; really?! Don't even try to tell me it's not cut content.

None of the DLCs is worth mentioning so far, in my opinion (well, maybe the ones that add new quests).

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt \bin\config\base\dlc.ini

dlc_yen_alternate_look=false
dlc_ciri_alternate_look=false
dlc_triss_alternate_look=false
dlc_gwent_cards=false

this has been in the game files since day one

https://github.com/gamebooster/witcher3-booster/blob/master/global_functions_log.txt

search for dlc with CTRL+F

That's not even all the commands, there's still plenty stuff to be found.

Some that aren't on that list:

additem('DLC1 Temerian Armor')
additem('DLC1 Temerian Boots')
additem('DLC1 Temerian Gloves')
additem('DLC1 Temerian Pants')
additem('NGP DLC1 Nilfgaardian Armor')
additem('NGP DLC1 Nilfgaardian Boots')
additem('NGP DLC1 Nilfgaardian Gloves')
additem('NGP DLC1 Nilfgaardian Pants')
additem('DLC1 Temerian HorseBag')
additem('DLC1 Temerian HorseBlinders')
additem('DLC1 Temerian HorseSaddle')
additem('DLC5 Nilfgaardian HorseBag')
additem('DLC5 Nilfgaardian HorseBlinders')
additem('DLC5 Nilfgaardian HorseSaddle')
additem('DLC13 Elven Crossbow')
additem('DLC13 Skellige Crossbow')
additem('DLC13 Nilfgaardian Crossbow')

Think those commands were there since day 1 too but they simply didn't work.

So it's not "on-disk" DLC that has been locked but they probably made all the DLC ahead of release and are now making drops every week.

Chances are they had stuff pre-planned, but not created yet. Shortly after the game went gold, in the interview with Gametrailers it was asked what is next for them to do, and the developer stated they needed to start to work on the DLC since they promised that. So not cut out content, but no doubt pre-planned.

So because I don't have the time to finish a 200 hour game in a month I'm not a big fan? Also as such a huge fan you can't be bothered to play the game a second time?

I'm sure the dlc was partially or almost finished for release but instead of placing it in the game, the extend their marketing and keep the hype going. Personally I'm enjoying seeing new stuff each week. Most companies have a plan for what's in the game and then as soon as it goes gold anything done after that becomes paid dlc. Let them market, let them make money maybe that means they don't have to "sell out" their game style and we can continue to get great games from the studio... That's how it's fan service, it keeps the company going.

According to that logic selling DLCs is also fan service - because it "keeps the company going". You can sacrifice everything for that argument if you want. You can excuse every decision with the "they have to make money" phrase. But there is a limit to that and obviously we have different limits.

And of course you can be a fan if you haven't finished the game in the first week. That doesn't change the fact that some of the most enthusiastic fans even took some holidays just for playing the game right at release. And these people get punished by such shady marketing practices because they couldn't enjoy the full content. Some small quests might be not a big deal, but epic wolf school armor is a huge deal, especially since it felt ripped out from the very beginning and well designed and good looking Witcher-like armor is desperately missed in the game...

Man, I really want the old pre-console CDPR back. :dizzy:

Chances are they had stuff pre-planned, but not created yet. Shortly after the game went gold, in the interview with Gametrailers it was asked what is next for them to do, and the developer stated they needed to start to work on the DLC since they promised that. So not cut out content, but no doubt pre-planned.
You really want to tell me that the wolf school armor wasn't done before release? And they can tell us anything. That doesn't mean that I automatically believe it. They had almost a year of additional time to make the game. And nobody ever asked that it's weird to have cat, griffin and bear armor in the game but no wolf one (besides the starting armor that gets outclassed after about 5 hours at the maximum)? I honestly can't believe that.

Last edited:
No reason? Of course they have a reason: marketing. That way they stay in the news. This is NOT fan service. It's pure marketing and PR. It's free because it's clearly stuff that should and could be part of the release version. So yeah, they're not as bad as EA. That doesn't make it a good move or a fan-friendly move.

And the biggest fans who have already finished the game couldn't enjoy this stuff because it was ripped out of the release version. Thanks for nothing.

Hard to rip something out when it wasn't even created when the game went gold.

Hard to rip something out when it wasn't even created when the game went gold.
There is no proof for that claim. And all of these DLCs were announced MONTHS ago. Some of them in DETAIL. So their content and scope was well known, at least to CDPR. They could have created them on time for the release. They just didn't want to because marketing.

According to that logic selling DLCs is also fan service - because it "keeps the company going". You can sacrifice everything for that argument if you want. You can excuse every decision with the "they have to make money" phrase. But there is a limit to that and obviously we have different limits.

And of course you can be a fan if you haven't finished the game in the first week. That doesn't change the fact that some of the most enthusiastic fans even took some holidays just for playing the game right at release. And these people get punished by such shady marketing practices because they couldn't enjoy the full content. Some small quests might be not a big deal, but epic wolf school armor is a huge deal, especially since it felt ripped out from the very beginning and well designed and good looking Witcher-like armor is desperately missed in the game...

To be fair, TW2 was initially pre console and had the same dlc drops. TW1 had an interesting main story and that was about it. Almost everything else was dull and needlessly convoluted more often than not.

I'm an enthusiastic fan yet I don't feel being punished because Wolf School Armor will be released with the next DLC. More than that, it tickles my curiosity after that bit of disappointment I had with W3. Hell, I even crafted Ursine armor to keep playing the game, even if I'm well satisfied with Feline armor.
So yeah, you can be disappointed about that, but I find your post exaggerated. I feel these DLCs are made (were planned to) to keep the player intrigued with the game, not for some fan service for the console audience. And even if it is, I don't care, at least when it is good content I knew I will use in my next playthrough.

There is no proof for that claim. And all of these DLCs were announced MONTHS ago. Some of them in DETAIL. So their content and scope was well known, at least to CDPR. They could have created them on time for the release. They just didn't want to because marketing.

No proof of that claim? Other then them stating it in an interview? He didn't even need to give that answer at all, there are plenty of stuff to talk about what they need to do next. They already announced a release schedule for the DLC, so there was no reason for him to state they needed to start working on them, he stated they needed to start to work on them because they had not started to create them just yet. You are right they could have put them in the game, but then they would have to delay the game even further. DLC was pre-planned, no doubt about that, also no doubt that the DLC wasn't created yet at the time they went Gold.

Top Bottom