Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, it's really wrong thread for dicussions about "What/Why did someone say?". I don't care about Triss, I don't care about Triss thread so I don't need to visit it. And don't want to see the debates about it you can find at every social network in TheWitcher communities.

If you don't want to discuss about Yennefer, Yennefer-Geralt, Yennefer-Ciri or something close to the topic - you better leave this thread.

Best wishes.

+1 I agree :respect:

No, It's hard to have any other life but normal when you're with a woman on an island alone "not unless there is something very wrong with this woman or man", I think you fail to see the point of the plot when it comes to The Witcher games, The Wild Hunt captured her to try to get to Ciri and Geralt so nobly sacrificed his soul to save hers, obviously he did this because of his noble character, not because the Gene's spell, he would do that to anyone that he sees as a friend, he was always a good friend and he defended his friends furiously whenever someone tries to harm them.

I think that his relationship with Yennefer was based on that spell, think about it with me for a second, the way they keep splitting up over and over, on and off all the time, having fights, so much hatred going on between them more than love, it's obvious that the only thing that kept them together was that Gene's spell.

Yennefer lost her memory same as Geralt and no one blames her for getting The Witchers of the School of the Viper into troubles or trying to seduce Aucks, no one is perfect, again, she didn't have her memories, I was a bit upset that she only tried to find Geralt knowing that he was looking for her for 6 months only when she failed to find Ciri on her own, part of me is glad that she didn't, because I think that would have lead to Ciri being captured and delivered into the Emperors hands without Geralt even knowing about it.

Good for you. But people there have diffirent opinions about "everything is s p e e e e l", "Yennefer is Emhyr's dog", "She was bedding Istredd" or another subjective stuff.
We don't need a preacher here. If you want to discuss it - make a new thread.

Guys, it's really wrong thread for dicussions about "What/Why did someone say?". I don't care about Triss, I don't care about Triss thread so I don't need to visit it. And don't want to see the debates about it you can find at every social network in TheWitcher communities.

If you don't want to discuss about Yennefer, Yennefer-Geralt, Yennefer-Ciri or something close to the topic - you better leave this thread.

Best wishes.

I am discussing Yennefer actually and also waiting for my original questions to be answer please.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a public forum right? Good then everyone is welcome here. Thanks for the warm welcome.

She recovered her memories with the help of mages and after she did she never tried to locate Geralt until she was unsuccessful. She is snug with Nilfgaard. During their first meeting she didn't seem like someone happy to see her long lost lover. The excuse that Geralt and Triss make a good couple is sad IMO. She would have never tried to locate Geralt if she had been succesful in locating Ciri.

I agree with you, I think she moved on with her life trying to help Emhyr find Ciri and as I already said, I was happy she wasn't successful, Geralt would've never had the chance to see his ward/daughter, this sort of thing happened between them before in the books.

Only reason why she is so snug with the Nilfgaardian is because if Ciri become Empress she could have a pretty good spot as advisor. That's being power hungry if you ask me.
Give me a break the man is a Witcher and you concern about blood on him. He probably smell like grave hag I'm sure a little human blood don't compare.

I always believe what Dijkstra says and he told me that she was cuddled up with the Nilfgaardians way too tightly, I really didn't want Geralt to get into the middle of this because he could've ended on the oppistive side of people that he considered as friends, fighting them and maybe ending those fights in a way which I consider bad.

I think she's able to make her own decisions, she's almost a 100 years old and she can handle herself very well without Geralt, I just hate the fact that Geralt got involved in this, only good thing that came out of it was the information about Ciri.

---------- Updated at 04:26 AM ----------

Good for you. But people there have diffirent opinions about "everything is s p e e e e l", "Yennefer is Emhyr's dog", "She was bedding Istredd" or another subjective stuff.

I think it's offensive to call her "Emhyr's dog", she's also a grown woman, she can choose who she should be sleeping with and she made a perfect match for Istredd.

We don't need a preacher here. If you want to discuss it - make a new thread.

I'm not a preacher, please refrain from calling me that, I have every right to discuss Yennefer as much as you do, I did not insult her nor insulted you and I haven't been calling anyone any names or trying to make any troubles.

Best wishes.

are you saying we are not allowed to talk about anyone here expect for yennefer...? how come everyone is talking about triss and ciri...?

Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) is the topic name and we are discussing yennefer

Best wishes.

I saw you post in Triss's thread before about Yennefer, not that I mind, this forum is open for discussions about a specific character, which is Yennefer and you really shouldn't be asking us to leave for expressing our opinions.

I am discussing Yennefer actually and also waiting for my original questions to be answer please.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a public forum right? Good then everyone is welcome here. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Your original question is off topic and kinda stupid. Just because it is a Yennefer thread means we can't mention any other persons? huh?
Other persons like Geralt, Ciri and Triss have their interactions with Yen (or none, where they should have some). We do not talk here about Triss for the sake of Triss alone.

I don't understand why it's such a big deal to you. Why not just shrug it off? Next time you're lurking and someone brings it up first, ask them why. If it gets to you that bad, it's probably not a great idea to lurk in here. I don't go to the Triss thread at all. Does everyone there completely ignore Yennefer fans comments and threads there? If so, that's a great example to make. :)

I disagree with your analysis of her character. :)

Not sure I understand your point of view of what the author wrote concerning her character when "power hungry, cold, vindictive, trust no one but herself and treats Geralt more like a walking dildo than an equal partner" is not at all how she is in the books. "Controlling and secretive" I could probably give the benefit of the doubt in some instances. She has her flaws and so do the others. Besides, Geralt isn't at all what I'd look for in a perfect lover. :p

I'd even say Triss is closer to Yennefer in the "treats Geralt more like a walking dildo than an equal partner" department when it comes to the books but that's just my opinion. :p

Amazing my friend and that is why everyone is entitled to his or herbopinion. Two people can read the same paragraph and get two different interpretation from it.

You disagree and that's perfectly ok. Does not mean my opinions of are ignorant tho does it?

Those suggestions aren't about Yennefer, it's about having our romance option present in that situation if we romance someone other than Yennefer, Triss obviously wasn't present in a lot of scenes that she should've been in, the developers themselves admitted that and they said they will be doing their best to fix what can be fixed.

And this has now stopped being "opinions on Yen" and is about Triss, so it's off-topic.

Guys do not respond, don't get bait, i've spent enough time in Blizzard's forums to recognize this kind of routine when i'm seeing it.

Nothing good will come out of it ;).

Amazing my friend and that is why everyone is entitled to his or herbopinion. Two people can read the same paragraph and get two different interpretation from it.

You disagree and that's perfectly ok. Does not mean my opinions of are ignorant tho does it?
Which means it's perfectly okay for one's opinion to be completely wrong when they miss the intention of the author. But in the end, the weight of the author's intentions are up to the person who holds that opinion. Opinions are fun, aren't they? :)

All this is only making me want to reread the books again. They're so good. :D

I think Geralt should be present when triss and yen have their argument since it's about him and obviously so we can see it. Yens clearly angry about it like what she does with the bed and how she speaks when you go back to kear morhen so it would be nice if she can talk to Geralt and triss about it.

There are other ways to make it visible, without Geralt's direct involvement, see my previous suggestion.

I don't think Yen would want to do it in front of Geralt.

Also, what's with all these Triss fans derailing the thread lately? It's really not contributing to anything constructive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom