Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read it here that game will be locked to 30fps even on PC on recommended specs. Tho I hope it will be unlockable or allow player to pass 30fps bar.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=149313077&posted=1#post149313077

As far as I know, in the original interview - with Adam Badowski as I remember - it is said that the recommended spec PC will get around 30 FPS at maximum settings (Which is optimistic for me, but I would be glad if that is true, as I wasn't expecting that at all). So I really can't see where everyone is getting this "locked to 30 FPS" vibe. If there is a source, by all means share it with me :)

There is absolutely no way it'll be locked. I suggest you read that neogaf link again, they don't actually SAY that.

Yeah, keep in mind the game does have ubersampling(confirmed) so if that's included in the Ultra present then it's obvious where the framerate will go :p

Oh if we get 30 FPS "with" Ubersampling on, on recommended specs, I'll be euphoric :D I can't bring myself to dream that though. Correct me if I'm wrong, Ubersampling was not included in Ultra settings in Witcher 2 right?

Like I said though, if I can get minimum 30 FPS with everything but Ubersampling maxed out, I'll still be really glad, as I was not expecting that at all.

Just read it here that game will be locked to 30fps even on PC on recommended specs. Tho I hope it will be unlockable or allow player to pass 30fps bar.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=149313077&posted=1#post149313077

This HAS to be some sort of misunderstanding or something.
Even if CDPR has sold themselves to microsoft who would not want them to make the game look too impressive on PC, this would be a whole other thing. I pray this is bullshit, or I'll end up cancelling my pre order.

This HAS to be some sort of misunderstanding or something.
Even if CDPR has sold themselves to microsoft who would not want them to make the game look too impressive on PC, this would be a whole other thing. I pray this is bullshit, or I'll end up cancelling my pre order.

Or something. Chinese Whispers maybe? Spreading FUD if you're feeling less kind?

As highlighted a couple of posts earlier, the translation in DOESN'T say the game will be locked to 30fps. What it actually said was

PC recommended specs will be able to run the game on 30 or 60 frames per second?
I think, we'll stick with 30 FPS. We're not going to stop working on performance until the very end, it's crucial matter to us, there are different PCs with different specs. Programmers insisted on avoiding tricking the players by lowering predicted specs. As I mentioned before, It can only get better.

Last edited:
Or something. Chinese Whispers maybe?

As highlighted a couple of posts earlier, the translation in DOESN'T say the game will be locked to 30fps. What it actually said was

Even if it's *just* that, I think it's pretty abysmal that this is the performance they're currently aiming for.
The more details I hear about this game behind the scenes, the more concerned I get.

I think Ultra at 30 FPS full HD sounds very reasonable, with just tweaking 2 or 3 settings to high or off, which in Ultra tend to destroy your rig for not a that much improved image quality in most games, you'll likely achieve 45 to 60 FPS during most of the game.

Even if it's *just* that, I think it's pretty abysmal that this is the performance they're currently aiming for.
The more details I hear about this game behind the scenes, the more concerned I get.

30FPS is just what they're aiming for as a minimum, it isn't necessarily that they deem above 30FPS pointless or they don't care about higher framerates. All they are doing is saying that the recommended/minimum specs are set for 1080/30... So if you have a GTX770, you'll probably play on High/Ultra at 1080/30, and then you can naturally calculate what might be required if you want a higher FPS.

To give end to the FUD that is spreading - there is no talk about 30 FPS lock on PC.

What is literally says is this: meeting the recommended requirements will let you play the game at 30 FPS.

I've read a bunch of the previews, but nowhere did I see detailed description of the skill and alchemy systems, just brief mentions. Also I saw no info on the inventory.
Were they prohibited from talking about this?
It's strange that no one took the time to dig into this a bit more as these are important parts of the game.

the only thing similar in supernatural and the witcher is supernatural have two clear protagonist, the witcher one, but taht's close. And the characters are hunters who seek in some minimal degree inside their jobs, justice, accepting the grays of life. That's is only SOME of the argument. EVERYTHING ELSE IS DIFFERENT, and how the story is designed, how the world is, how the monsters are, how is shown this story and world, all the story except for the job of hunting things, is obviously close to game of thrones and even better designed to me, because is based on books similar to game of thrones but better in my opinion.

Sorry but nothing to do with Supernatural.

I see more references here.
But of course in terms of setting and politics it relates more to GoT

So reading this article.

http://www.gamesradar.com/witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/

i was reading the 12th slide about signs an i stumbled into this:

activating Yrden placed a magical energy trap on the ground which stunned any enemy that stepped into it. In The Witcher 3 this is the sign's first mode. Activating the second mode creates a stationary turret that will launch energy blasts at nearby enemies.

I know im being a whinny nitpicky bastard but IMHO that sounds kinda dumb :(

So reading this article.
I know im being a whinny nitpicky bastard but IMHO that sounds kinda dumb :(
it kinda does, but still need to see that in action to judge.
Anyway I'm pretty sure that Sign second mode is skill unlock, so you don;t have to use it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom