The Witcher 3 HUD and UI

+
Durability? Diablo like?
Thanks
I don't know about this, in Diablo RoS it was annoying but it didn't matter because I had billions of gold.
Geralt is a broke ass, it's dumb that we are forced to fix our shit all the damn timey times lol...
There better be rare cool swords and armors that we can find in the game with no durability loss...
Rare augment runes of infinite durability would be welcome too ;) @GingerEffect @Marcin Momot Anyone know?

Last edited:
It was going to cost 62 crowns to repair an 81-99 silver sword during one YT recording session (though by a farcical inability to follow what was happening on screen, they sold their witcher steel sword and bought a brand-new silver one (while trying to repair the original silver sword), which then left insufficient coin for the transaction).

Seems a reasonable "running cost", and there are alternatives so you could carry a "second best" sword on Roach for those moments when you have a degraded sword, no opportunity to fix it immediately and weak enemies (keeping the best sword for dealing with tougher enemies only until repair is possible).

you could carry a "second best" sword on Roach for those moments when you have a degraded sword, no opportunity to fix it immediately and weak enemies (keeping the best sword for dealing with tougher enemies only until repair is possible).

As a Witcher, you carry six swords: three silver ones for monsters, and three steel for human opponents.

Last edited:
UI Scaling / Safe Zone?

I saw an offscreen shot of (apparently) the console version of the game, and was greatly concerned by the seemingly huge amount of empty space around the edges of the screen. We're talking several inches between the edge of the UI (like the life bar, minimap, etc) and the actual edge of the screen.

Is this something that can be adjusted? I know there's been talk of "UI Scaling", but that (in PC land, anyway) typically refers to the actual size of individual UI elements rather than the scale of the overall UI and its relation to the rest of the screen.

Can someone confirm that the UI elements in the console version can indeed be pushed all the way of the edge of the screen?

GTA5 did this on consoles, you could adjust the safe zone (despite "safe zone" not really being a thing for the last decade or so since CRTs went away), allowing you to move the UI all the way to the edge. Something I wish more developers these days would do (*cough*WatchDogs*cough*), and something I sincerely hope CDPR will do here with TW3.

hud hanged a bit

Attachments

• 1430875749081.jpg
    1430875749081.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 1430876714735.jpg
    1430876714735.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 158
I would like to have a hotkey to toggle the quest display on/off and the option to put the minimap displayed on bottom left corner of the screen.

actually yes. but i think you have to disable it on the main map, and thus minimap markers are also not shown. you can also turn off only some markers but leave others. it is shown in some videos but idk which ones right now

yes, you can. but there is a downside on this - when you hide the health bar, you don't see the level of the creature and you will not see the counter-indicator (the timeframe you can counter an attack is shown as a highlighting/flash of the enemy health bar in w3)

Last edited:
Yes, it can be hidden. One of the YouTubers mentioned that you could hide it in their preview.

Many thanks for the confirmation :)

yes, you can. but there is a downside on this - when you hide the health bar, you don't see the level of the creature and you will not see the counter-indicator (the timeframe you can counter an attack is shown as a highlighting/flash of the enemie health bar in w3)

Nice, good to know this piece of valuable info! Thank you :)

The whole UI looks atrocious to me, on a level with Skyrim's UI. They designed a beautiful and functional interface for TW1 and then gradually declined from there. Though I'll gve them credit for going back to a grid-based inventory again.

I hope the UI will be one of the first things to be modded.

Top Bottom