Character Appearances

+
About Ciri, her face is the face of a young girl, maybe the white hair make you think so?

White hair certainly helps to look old but I'm not sure about the face; I can't say it's a young girls face from that angle. She should be what? around 25? But I'm seeing 35ish

Last edited:
White hair certainly helps to look old but I'm not sure about the face; I can't say it's a young girls face from that angle. She should be what? around 25? But I'm seeing 35ish

I see no wrinkle in her face, just scars though.
I think she looks much better than Triss and Yennever too.

The only character that does not convince me is Yennefer, I think you should see something more mature than Triss and more force is weak I think she must show that strength never bowed, in appearance your skin clearer the darker hair demure long and strong without having to be mature 30. however I have only seen that image is hard to appreciate in full to give an exact concept. In fact I Ciri is more mature than Yennefer.

El unico personaje que no me convence es Yennefer, creo que se debe ver algo mas madura que triss y con mas fuerza se ve debil creo ella debe de mostrar esa fortaleza jamas se doblego, en cuanto a apariencia su piel mas clara el cabello mas oscuro y largo recatada y fuerte verse madura sin pasar de los 30 años. sin embargo solo he visto esa imagen es dificil apreciarla en su totalidad para dar un concepto exacto. De echo creo Ciri se ve mas madura que Yennefer.

Last edited:
So, uhm yeah..
What about Dijkstra guys? Did you imagine him bigger? uglier?

I for one imagined him beardier. Not sure if he had one though. Either way CDPR was spot on on the first two traits though.

I've read something about the possibility of going to Oxenfurt. Last time I checked Shani went there after Witcher 1, is there a possibility for her to show up in game if so? What do you guys think?

I've read something about the possibility of going to Oxenfurt. Last time I checked Shani went there after Witcher 1, is there a possibility for her to show up in game if so? What do you guys think?

Thats the thing. are we or are we not? I could swear they said that Oxefurt would be inaccessible for obvious reason (thinking that it got destroyed by nilfgard) But now im hearing that we might go there afterall, any confirmation?
@stargiors Liked him. his description in the books was that he looked like a big brute in fine clothes, that he didnt look like a spy master at all. and in that regard CDP nailed it.

as for hair, its been a while, i think he had hair but i cant remember. also you gotta consider that he was on the run for several years so maybe he lost it?

In general, I liked the characters' appearance from the trailer. first of all I was glad to see our old friends - the witchers from Kaer Morhen.(and Letho). It's also was interesting to look at such characters as Emhyr and Dijkstra.
And of course Yennefer and Ciri! It was amazing to see them, but unfortunately nothing can be ideal.
I was dissapointed in Yennefer. As many of fans, I think. Her hair isn't black, her face is so young and so simple. Even Triss is more mature than Yennefer. I hope that till 24.02.15 the devs change her and we'll see Yennefer who we know from the books.

Thats the thing. are we or are we not? I could swear they said that Oxefurt would be inaccessible for obvious reason (thinking that it got destroyed by nilfgard) But now im hearing that we might go there afterall, any confirmation?

Yes it was confirmed Oxenfurt will be in the game in a recent interview with Konrad Tomaszkiewicz over on Polygamia.

Translation courtesy of @gregski:
Some other bits from that interview:

- they are thinking about a system that would let players choose the state of the world at the beginning of the game - for those who don't have their saves from TW2. Most probably by choosing different options in dialogues in TW3 prologue. But that is not yet 100% decided to be in the game.

- yes, there will be Oxenfurt :)

- there will be references to Sapkowski's last book "Season of Storms" - its places, characters etc

- about difficulty: the game is divided into different difficulty areas(like in Gothic) - so in theory, you start in No Man's Land but as the game is open world you can go to Skellige, where you'll meet more difficult enemies etc. Also, each area will have powerful monsters, guarding some powerful items, that should give you both more challenge but also more XP.

- the game will have something CDPR calls "storybooks". These will be beautifully painted and animated "boards" that you will get when loading the game or through your journal, that will summarize the plot so far and update themselves after each significant quest or point in the game. They are supposed to help players in keeping up with the main storyline should they get distracted by side activities and motivate them to progress with the main adventure.

- Monster Hunting: these quests are divided into phases. After you find or stumble upon such quest the investigation phase starts, where you gather info about the monster causing trouble. Once you recognize the monster, you have a special "panel" available with all the info about the monster you managed to gather and ways & advices on how to get rid of him. The more info you gathered - either from reading books, investigating or experience(meeting monsters from the same family before) - the more advice you will get about monster's strong & weak points, special abilities, his vulnerabilities and so on. After you come back with a trophy to the quest giver you will be able to bargain about your reward's amount!

- Collector's Editions for PC and PS4 are sold out

- what's left before February 2015: debugging; fixing cutscenes; bug fixing and overall QA

http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,964...iedzminowi_jest_glosno_o_Polsce__z_czego.html

So they are basically at an end, only QA and polishing left....

I ask myself then why the alchemy is still "experimental" and "being worked on".....

Maybe it's Phillipa and she wears the mask as her eyes are still not fully restored??

This actually makes sense. Like really. They showcase both sorceresses so why not to put Philipha there. Also it took long Vilgefortz to grow him one eye so Philippa won´t be all good after 3 months either.

I like pretty much all the characters design in The Witcher 2, and aside from Triss colour hair, which I like by the way, because I think fits her character, they all are very faithful to the novels "description" but...

Geralt: He started with white hair, and now is completely gray, even dark grey, if you look at the beard, that´s pretty bad, he´s supposed to look like he has albinism, not by birth, but he lost his melamine, all his his hair should be pure white, this art is far much better that the ingame videos or the "Sword of Destiny" trailer.

Ciri: Obviously we have to see more of her, but for a swordswoman 21 years old, with elf blood, she has the young fighter appearance with angular features, her image on the trailer it´s not bad, we have to see better her face.

Yennefer: I´m really. really sorry CDPR, but I was so dissapointed with her, but supposing the girl on the trailer is her (because of the necklace) it´s pretty bad, she is supposed to look a badass, strong and sharp WOMAN, not a regular pretty waitress GIRL, come on Triss looks much more badass than her, and her curly PITCH BLACK hair, purple eyes, and angular features are indisputable, we have to remember, she also has elf blood, this art is awesome, asymmetric eyebrows, nose a little curved, it´s just the perfect Yennefer from the novels, with her "flaws" and beauty.

In a few words, the "Trinity" of the witcher saga, have to improve very much.

Last edited:
Ciri: Obviously we have to see more of her, but for a swordswoman 21 years old, with elf blood, she has the young fighter appearance with angular features, her image on the trailer it´s not bad, we have to see better her face.

Yennefer: I´m really. really sorry CDPR, but I was so dissapointed with her, but supposing the girl on the trailer is her (because of the necklace) it´s pretty bad, she is supposed to look a badass, strong and sharp WOMAN, not a regular pretty waitress GIRL, come on Triss looks much more badass than her, and her curly PITCH BLACK hair, purple eyes, and angular features are indisputable, we have to remember, she also has elf blood, this art is awesome, asymmetric eyebrows, nose a little curved, it´s just the perfect Yennefer from the novels, with her "flaws" and beauty.

In a few words, the "Trinity" of the witcher saga, have to improve very much.

Just a minor point, but I'm pretty sure Ciri does not have elven blood. To borrow from the Ciri thread, the books describe her as having elf-like features, but point out she does not seem to have any of their bloodline:
‘As for the patient,’ he murmured, ‘let it be recorded as follows. She appeared to be about
sixteen years of age, tall, her formation is rather thin, but at least it is not weak, showing no
signs of malnutrition. Muscle and physique are rather typical of a young elf, but I have not
noticed any other characteristics of mixing... even quadroon inclusive. A lower percent of
elven blood, as is known, can leave no trace.’
- From The Tower of the Swallow

It's really hard to tell from 3 second glimpses of these characters how they will appeal to each individual's image of them from the books. Personality and how they behave will factor as much in bringing these characters to life as how they look. Give initial impressions, but I honestly feel it would be best to hold off on judgement until we actually have more content to judge by. And even then, understand that this is CDRP's take on the characters and it isn't going to be exactly like the books.

Geralt: He started with white hair, and now is completely gray, even dark grey, if you look at the beard, that´s pretty bad, he´s supposed to look like he has albinism, not by birth, but he lost his melamine, all his his hair should be pure white, this art is far much better that the ingame videos or the "Sword of Destiny" trailer.

I donno, given the fact that CDPR are pushing for photorealism when it comes to character models, white hair on Geralt would just look plain goofy. I'm sure CDPR know better than us what Geralt is supposed to look like.

I don't know how I feel about describing someone as a "regular pretty waitress girl", I mean, really? Anyway, as for looks, I like how her face is so much in contrast to her actual personality, which I think was rather smart of the artists. It would comes as a real surprise to new players when she doesn't end up being the gentle flower she may look as to some folks.

Just a minor point, but I'm pretty sure Ciri does not have elven blood. To borrow from the Ciri thread, the books describe her as having elf-like features, but point out she does not seem to have any of their bloodline:
‘As for the patient,’ he murmured, ‘let it be recorded as follows. She appeared to be about
sixteen years of age, tall, her formation is rather thin, but at least it is not weak, showing no
signs of malnutrition. Muscle and physique are rather typical of a young elf, but I have not
noticed any other characteristics of mixing... even quadroon inclusive. A lower percent of
elven blood, as is known, can leave no trace.’
- From The Tower of the Swallow

It's really hard to tell from 3 second glimpses of these characters how they will appeal to each individual's image of them from the books. Personality and how they behave will factor as much in bringing these characters to life as how they look. Give initial impressions, but I honestly feel it would be best to hold off on judgement until we actually have more content to judge by. And even then, understand that this is CDRP's take on the characters and it isn't going to be exactly like the books.

Ciri has elf blood, and carries the gene of a she-elf, I don´t remember the name, Lara Dorren, I just checked the wiki, like Falka, and that is the very reason the Sorceress Logia, Vilgefortz, and the Royalty Elf, I don´t remeber his name either, all of them want her, but don´t missunderstand me the little I saw from the trailer was very good I said that, and of course you are right, it´s more about the character than appearance, I totally agree, I was just being a little fanboy of the novels. :D

Last edited:
This actually makes sense. Like really. They showcase both sorceresses so why not to put Philipha there. Also it took long Vilgefortz to grow him one eye so Philippa won´t be all good after 3 months either.
Is that Philippa taking the eyes of a man in the CGI teaser?

Ciri has elf blood, and carries the gene of a she-elf, I don´t remember the name, Lara Dorren, I just checked the wiki, like Falka, and that is the very reason the Sorceress Logia, Vilgefortz, and the Royalty Elf, I don´t remeber his name either, all of them want her, but don´t missunderstand me the little I saw from the trailer was very good I said that, and of course you are right, it´s more about the character than appearance, I totally agree, I was just being a little fanboy of the novels. :D

Ah, you're right. I forgot that part about the Elder Blood which ties into her abilities. And fear not, it's okay to be a fan of the books, just try to be open to any artistic changes CDRP employs. Hopefully we will get to see more of all the main characters soon (and maybe hear them as well), especially with Gamescom in 2 months.

Top Bottom