The Perfect Yennefer

+
Hello mico, i respect your opinion and i respectfully disagree on what your saying, honestly it doesnt makes sense to me but thats just my opinion. Can i ask you something? why do you think this is so terrible, how does it affect you? im just curious, i know there are a lot of reasons why people are not happy with the character design of Yennefer, i just want to know your reason.

It doesn't affect me I just think it looks pretty bad.

Unnatural. I don't know if uncanny valley is the right word to describe it.
The cosplayer is attractive and all but she has disctinctive features that they either did a bad job translating to the game or they did the best they could. Stop basing it around a marketing decision this is a character everyone is waiting for. I can't believe I'm the only one who doesn't like it.

Either way it's not working. Please reconsider the old model.

I'm ok with you liking it..Maybe it will look better in game.

It doesn't affect me I just think it looks pretty bad. Unnatural. I don't know if uncanny valley is the right word to describe it.
The cosplayer is attractive and all but she has disctinctive features that they either did a bad job translating to the game or they did the best they could.
Either way it's not working. Please reconsider the old model.

Anyway I'm glad you like it sorry if I came out harsh ( bad week) .

Is all good, thanks for the response.

Had a chance to analyze the doc properly and I think it's highly likely Eve was the prototype. It's fine to be inspired by a real person's look; it's important that person isn't a well known celebrity. To me, Immersion is at stake. I know the artists are probably tearing their hair out over this, but Yen is an important character, and I don't want to think Eve Beauregard every time I see her. I can't say if it was intentional or not, just that the similarity is clearly there.

Again, when I see her active in the game I might think differently.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm the only one who doesn't like it.

I'm pretty sure this new face has like at least a 70-80% dislike ratio here on the forums, at least by the people actually posting (Especially over on the Polish side).

Obviously there's probably many people who looked, decided it looked alright/fine/good/great and then didn't bother posting... You can't gauge the reaction from literally everybody, but without a doubt the overwhelming majority posting here dislike it. (However if you look at Facebook the reaction is overwhelmingly positive).

Personally I said it before, I'll say it again, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the face, as a face, throw it on some side-character and that would be one damn fine looking character. As Yennefer? No, it's not really doing it for me, SoD iteration was leagues better. Lots of little teeny tiny changes to certain features, that have somehow combined to create this really odd looking Yen.

hey - just wanted to show you guys my personal yen, maybe i'm a bit late as this thread has 49 pages and started months ago but... here she is : )

If anything CDPR should draw inspiration from Justanor's design, I think its safe to say that her design got near to 100% approval( well at least here in the forums anyway).

In TW3 we are finally going to experience Geralts love triangle, just like it was in the books, but if they make Triss insanely beautiful and make yen look innocent and average, then all the indecision that would make the choice so cool is ruined, both of them have to to be strikingly beautiful in their own way, Triss was perfect in W2 imo both in looks and in personality, now they have to add Yen and make her just as attention grabbing as Triss, this design is by no means bad, but it has absolutely nothing to do with her description and her general character, in the SoD trailer she looked girlish but definitely authoritative, now if you put Triss and Yen side by side it would be like a pigeon and an eagle next to each other imo. Please CDPR do your best and flesh out one of our favorite characters properly cof* justanor cof* cof*

Last edited:
I hope that CDPR would use Eve's face just for this guide. I like Eve's other works, but she's looking too girly for Yen, IMO. Trailer version was better, I'll accept if it stay like this.

All I have to add is that I expected Yennefer to look older and more rough/badass. She looks way too innocent at the moment.

I feel like she'll be rough and badass if she wants to be

maybe she's lost her memory and forgot about being a badass but will remember soon enough

some people are forgetting Yen is also a motherly figure to Ciri so she can't be "authoritarian" looking all the time.

I like the one from the SoD trailer.. the model from cosplay guide seems worse to me globally speaking. Hope that they sick with the one of the trailer :(

You know, oddly enough I don't think anything overly highly of JustAnor's Yen design (Or at the least not to the extent of many folk), but holy sweet Jesus that looks amazing.

Kind of looks like a healthy mix of: JustAnor & SoD Yen, and that right there is seriously perfect. SoD Trailer still comes in a pretty close second, and I'd be 100% content with SoD Yen, or anything in-between this edit and SoD. Props to whoever did this edit though, it's fantastic (There's a lot of edits floating around forums so I'm never sure exactly who's is who).

You know, oddly enough I don't think anything overly highly of JustAnor's Yen design (Or at the least not to the extent of many folk), but holy sweet Jesus that looks amazing.

Kind of looks like a healthy mix of: JustAnor & SoD Yen, and that right there is seriously perfect. SoD Trailer still comes in a pretty close second, and I'd be 100% content with SoD Yen, or anything in-between this edit and SoD. Props to whoever did this edit though, it's fantastic (There's a lot of edits floating around forums so I'm never sure exactly who's is who).

But that's not a JustAnor design, it's a Валькирия design. ;)

I saw the CDPR's Yen yesterday at evening, and spend whole night and morning to make this little "remake", thank you.
Shame on you CDPR, I just returned to home and already should make your characters for you! :p

And as @Kinley said, I made another Yennefer before, she still somewhere in fanart thread. :)

Last edited:
Looks fantastic.

I don't like Yen as shown in the cosplay contest. Валькирия got it right - the listick's changed from something you'd find on a doll to a darker shade, the eyebrows have a better angle for a frown, the eyes more focused, the chin sharper and shorter, the blush on her cheeks not as bright.

I'm not sure how her blank expression is only a matter of the cosplay because Ciri did have a frown when she was presented for the contest.

No intention the Red who designed her, but I do hope she'll look much more imposing. Yen to me should feel like someone who might lash out at you without warning, someone who is almost always scrutinizing the environment and judging the people she's around, someone hard to impress. The cosplay version looks too gentle to me and not intimidating with the long face, and a bit too dolled up with the makeup colors (as opposed to makeup in general, which I certainly see her having - but in darker hues).

I saw the CDPR's Yen yesterday at evening, and spend whole night and morning to make this little "remake", thank you.

It's a fantastic piece of work and a nice mock-up (but stands on it's own just fine too), @Валькирия, she's very sultry, yet distinct. Thanks for spending time on this. I'd love to see this version in game, but I imagine modeling, texturing, and then potentially re-rigging and adjusting all the present animations would be a bit much to ask for from CDPR. Depends on what kind of technical setup they have. Maybe someone can do a mod of this version though regardless. ;)

But that's not a JustAnor design, it's a Валькирия design. ;)

Well, it just looks like its got a couple of the same striking features used in the JustAnor version (Although I guess that's inevitable, you can only think so far with how she's described) - so as someone who doesn't really think as highly of the JustAnor design that many people do, I just found it interesting that I fell in love with this design immediately.

Looks like I'm going to have to dig through the Fan Art threads... I think I might have just found my official favorite Yen design... I'm annoyed I didn't crawl through the fan art threads sooner.
@Валькирия :hatsoff:

Looks like I'm going to have to dig through the Fan Art threads... I think I might have just found my official favorite Yen design... I'm annoyed I didn't crawl through the fan art threads sooner.

To go off topic - I highly, highly recommend it. There is so much incredible art in there from members of the forum community (and others as well). Many of them have been personally inspiring to myself.

Just be warned, the Ciri thread can......meander.....from the topic a bit. Eh, Zorn? ;)

Top Bottom