Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Originally Posted by TJByrum
This is the one game I've been trying to avoid watching stuff about cause I'm interested in Ciri and the Wild Hunt, and I have next to no idea who either one of them are. I've been wanting to read the books, but I'm on like chapter 3 or 4 in book 1.

Also, start from series of stories, The Last Wish and then The Sword of Destiny. You won't fully understand novels without knowing those stories.

I wish I could experience them again for the first time. Such good memories...

Have a good time reading (and playing). :)

I had probably more fun reading books 2nd time, you see more...

Last edited:
Currently reading The Tower of Swallow (fan transl.), just finishe Baptism of Fire (and I only started reading the books a few week ago). LOVE IT. Geralt, Ciri, Yennefer. This man can write......

the only thing that comes not pleasing me so far are the commands. All games could have editable buttons as in the Capcom fighting games. Why not start you?

So I think I'll buy the last wish tonight, you guys think that would be a good read before I play TW3, or something else??

I'm still working on the books myself. The Last Wish is a fine collection of tales, and you can't go wrong reading it -- but it doesn't address most of the characters we're likely to meet in the game.

And we should probably take this over here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30632-The-Witcher-books-(SPOILERS)/page21
or here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/16497-Where-to-buy-Sapkowski-s-Books/page18

Last edited:
So I think I'll buy the last wish tonight, you guys think that would be a good read before I play TW3, or something else??
It's a bit tricky. If I had to guess which single book will be the most important to TW3, I'll say Lady of the Lake, which is the last in the series. But the problem is, you can't really separate them. Even The Last Wish, which is the first and a collection of different short stories, has some things (important things) in it that will be better understood later on. And Lady of the Lake is the culmination of four books before it, as well as some things in the short stories, so you can't just pick it up.

The Last Wish alone won't be enough to understand the entire story, but since it's the beginning of the series, there's no better place to start anyway :) I don't want to spoil anything, but there are some pretty important stories in it. There's also Geralt's battle with the striga, which is the witcheriest moment in the series, and his first meeting with Yennefer.

Technically, Sword of Destiny was published before it, but chronologically it takes place after, so you should still start with The Last Wish.

I recommend that you buy The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny. Both short story books. This has a very special reason
which doesn t let the YENNEFER vs TRISS discussion rest :D

if you only read The Last Wish you don t get Yennefers "flaws" they are shown in The Sword of Destiny.

Which might lead you to a "one sided" decision in particular well discussed and very hard expected game
story parts ;) ;) I just recommend that, if you can t afford both books at once then don' t fall for the
Yennefer is the one and only true love thing
to fast.

Start with The Last Wish. Best introduction to Witcher world... then read fan translation of Sword of the Destiny... to get full intro to Ciri story... BTW... 3 weeks are enough for all books to read... If you like The Last Wish.... read them all in order... you won't regret it :p

Last edited:
right now the books are 8 and one of them is double. and you have 2 stories that are the mother and father of Geralt and the other it´s Geralt and Yennefer marriage .
the last wish
the sword of destiny
Blood of elves
Time of contemp
baptism of fire
the tower of swallow
the lady of the lake (double)
Seasson of storms
Path of no return
View attachment 12945
this are the seven books in collectors ed.
you also have a prequel (season of storms) and the stories are in a compilation named Path of no return.

and you have the 2 games and the comics. so you have a lot to read XD
if you cant find the fisical book you can always search for the ebook.

Attachments

• 20150425045445.jpg
    20150425045445.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/artikel/the_witcher_3,49062,3085201.html#top

Very interesting article.
'The Witcher 3 toys(plays) with our feeling like no other RPG did before.' This quest is one of the best quests GameStar ever saw in an RPG, is named something like 'The Bloody Baron'

'Ultra looks gorgeous, runs even smoother than the old build on high-settings.'
'Can be really accesible, but can be a hardcore RPG too, depending on your settings.'

Confirmation, that you can follow the guy(the temerian soldier) from the Precious cargo quest to their hideout.
Apparently the gameworld is bigger than GameStar initially thought.
Roach can randomly eat something, for example, it ate an apple from a fallen basket

The 2 days with The Witcher 3 were one of the most beautiful, most exciting and overwhelming things the author of the article ever experienced in his entire gaming career.

Last edited:
What is this article related to? Is it just an excerpt of the article in the Magazine, or did they play the game once again?

Killing Floor 2 is helping me with the wait for now.
I think I'll skip all videos for now, at least the ones from the Youtubers, i might watch official informative ones.

right now the books are 8 and one of them is double.
if you cant find the fisical book you can always search for the ebook.

Lady of the Lake isn't double, it was divided in the spanish edition for specific reasons (delays in translation, etc.) not cause it was written to be like that.

Killing Floor 2 is helping me with the wait for now.
I think I'll skip all videos for now, at least the ones from the Youtubers, i might watch official informative ones.

Videos from the youtubers should be just as informative (if not more) as official ones. We might get a better idea of how the game actually plays / feels. Too bad I'm gonna play with K+B, so probably I'll have to wait for the actual reviews.

Plus, most of them also did interviews which should be interesting as well.

Videos from the youtubers should be just as informative (if not more) as official ones. We might get a better idea of how the game actually plays / feels. Too bad I'm gonna play with K+B, so probably I'll have to wait for the actual reviews.

Hopefully most of them do not spoil the story too much.

Maybe so, but I'm pretty sure it will be filled with stuff i don't want to see.

Top Bottom