2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

+

2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

• Total voters
I'm happy for this. In TW2 they just toyed with the idea and it never amounted to something serious, so I think this time around it'll be much more significant. From a narrative point of view this can be very interesting. I'm not adamant about playing Geralt 100% of the time, or even 95% of the time (but definitely 91% of the time, at least).

CDPR will want to involve combat (I really hope), so I'm ruling out the sorceresses. If they want to make them play nicely it'll require too much work than is worth it for such small sections of the game. So I'm betting either Ciri or one of the witchers. If it's the latter then it's essentially a copy+paste of Geralt, mechanics-wise. If it's Ciri? Now that's interesting. Catwoman in her own segments in Arkham City had some unique abilities and she played differently. She didn't have a huge amount of options, but I was impressed with the amount considering how little time we spent playing as her. So if they do go for Ciri, I wonder how different she'll play from Geralt, from animations to abilities.

I doubt they will go for anything special combat-wise. In TW2 other characters were, basically, simplistic versions of a swordsman, or were just running for 20 seconds trying to survive. To invest in anything more substantial and unique would be viable only if we play as another character for extended periods of time. With all the massive amount of work TW3 requires I doubt CDPR will develop a unique system for other playable character. But without it, with Ciri, for example, using only basic attacks and parries, it will do only for a short time. So I wouldn't hold my breath and expect big changes from TW2 model.

Its really a no brainer, the 2nd playable character will be Ciri. (That was obvious from the previous trailers)
Matter of fact since this is the last game about Geralt I wouldnt be surprised that the next one will completely feature Ciri

And...
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...er-released!?p=1477573&viewfull=1#post1477573
Just wanted to add something regarding the second playable character, who will be very important for the story of the game by the way. You won't be able to switch between them at will. There will be certain moments in the plot when you assume control of that other character. The time you spend playing as that other character, however, will be significant.

So it's like TW2, only longer.
@randyrhoads - depends. Maybe they'll do it right this time. Not like that Roche/Iorveth fight (shudder).

I though so, playing as Ciri would be probably easier than as Yennefer (combat-wise), BUT you all forget that Ciri can teleport at free will, how do you implement such a feature in combat? You could already see in the trailer that she can teleport in a fight and she can also
teleport through time, how do you want to implement that in combat? Something like Prince of Persia?

I think we will see the POV of Ciri and Yennefer in certain situations in the past, something like "what happened with them", when Geralt wasn't around.

Please let it be Dandelion... :p

Drinking, singing and ploughing women all the time. What a life...

Seriously, it would be pretty cool to be able to play a character in some quests who hasn't any obvious fighting abilites at all. Sneaking, fast talking and running needed to progress. Role-playing pretty much. :)

Julian Alfred Pankratz viscount de Lettenhove would be awesome, with his trademark mandolin fighting style.

Good idea, depends on how it will be implemented in game though.
If it's Ciri, then I will be disappointed. More sword combat doesn't impress me.
Really hope it's Yennefer. I thought about that since the intro release. That would be a really good change to focus on magic.

What intrigues me about playing as Ciri is that she could go outside the game world. When she teleports, she travels to a different place and even time. Maybe she doesn't bring any new experiences in combat. But she can go places nobody else can go.

Playing time as 2nd character will be significant ... that doesn't bode well in my ears. I thought CDPR repeatedly stated that this game was "about Geralt". I can't see how the game can benefit from this given how the series has worked so far.

What intrigues me about playing as Ciri is that she could go outside the game world. When she teleports, she travels to a different place and even time. Maybe she doesn't bring any new experiences in combat. But she can go places nobody else can go.

This is pretty much the only reason for why CDPR would decide to introduce a second "significant" playable character in the form of Ciri. Give context to places and events that Geralt can't.

It may have been a decision that was necessary for the overall story, otherwise I don't see how they would suddenly decide to do this when they said countless times in past interviews that they are trying to cut to a minimum the times the player changes characters (some devs saying it's even less compared to W2).

Does this mean that the second playable character will have his/her own skill tree, abilities and all these stuff?

Does this mean that the second playable character will have his/her own skill tree, abilities and all these stuff?

I honestly doubt this will go that in depth. But who knows. I for one don't see a reason to it, since the times playing this character will still be less than the time playing as Geralt, and it will be interrupted on a regular basis.

En-en

Forum regular
I am 90% sure the second character is this guy. . Damien said to pay close attention, which means the character is kinda hidden. You can see his hand on 0:34.

Attachments

• i7HShLnjEvvqd (1).jpg
    i7HShLnjEvvqd (1).jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 43
I hope we dont get to play as Ciri or Yennefer.
My problem with that would be that playing as the Witcher Geralt who is not capable of doing big things with magic would feel rather boring compared to Yennefer and Ciri. But then again, playing as an other witcher would feel like a Geralt reskin. Pretty difficult to make everyone feel unique but at the same time balance them

Mmhh I'm pretty curious who it is in the end.

Could be Duny, Hjalmar, Lambert? Or someone else...?

Also speculating that the mentioned second character also is the one carrying the sword facing Eredin.
But maybe its even more obvious and we get to play as the villager from the beginning of the video ^^

I'm going to guess and hope that it's Lambert.

Why guess? He's a witcher, obviously, so they wouldn't have to change the games systems in order to make him playable, unlike if it was Yen, or Halmar, or Ciri to some degree.

Why hope? Well, Lambert is a much more clean slate type of character unlike Geralt. It can really give us opportunities to characterise him ourselfs during the side quest or something like that.

Or it could be just witcher 2 style small bits of gameplay. Wait and see, I guess.

I think the most relevant info we have is "plays a very important part in the plot".

Could Lambert/Hjalmar be that ? Because for Ciri or Yennefer, it's a given.

Top Bottom