Key Remapping

+
Hello,

This game looks amazing and I wanted to thank all the people involved who created it.

Unfortunately, it looks like can't play the game (or if I do it'll be in a compromised state). I am a left-handed gamer and I rebind my movement keys to I, J, K, L. It looks like I, J and K are hard bound to menu items in the game. Because of this I can't rebind my keys and play as a lefty. I can try to play with WASD but since I'm using my right hand to move, it is very difficult for me to play.

Please can you add these key bindings to the game or at the very least allow us to modify the .json file in C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 so I can edit the hard code bound keys on I, J and K.

I'm also an IJKL player and am too lazy to deal with config files myself -- I have returned the game until this can be fixed but I really want to play so if someone has a working set of configs I'd LOVE them!

I'm left-handed, unplayable for me, I feel cheated / robbed :( disgrace CDPR
Post automatically merged:

No response to the problem from CDPR, we are completely .......... I can not request a refund. I bought the boxed versions to support them :( last from CDPR.

Last edited:
Soo they mentioned this in their official guide book -
uztgzbah9t461.jpg (1534×863) (redd.it)

The creators don't want you to play on Keyboard and Mouse because they never designed the game that way.

Thread topic should be changed to "PC Version does not support Keyboard and Mouse Control". It's pretty much official now.
Like someone telling me a landline is an "optimal experience" compared to a smartphone. Kind of disgusting, actually. Until now, I figured CDPR was just prioritizing other fixes first for whatever reason, but seeing this? Man, it's 2020. Mouse and keyboard is objectively better than any gamepad in existence. Any developer should consider console controllers as an afterthought at best. How backwards.

The creators don't want you to play on Keyboard and Mouse because they never designed the game that way.

Thread topic should be changed to "PC Version does not support Keyboard and Mouse Control". It's pretty much official now.
This is very unpleasant (((
Like a mod with NexusMods almost fixes the situation, but this attitude to PC users is very depressing.
Now I'm thinking whether to return the money or not.

Funny, I want to play on an 8bitdo controller that has the switch key mapping and I can't remap the controller either...!

I never post on gaming forums. I buy and play. This is atrocious. Seriously. Ceipples the whole game.

Yup another dumbass leftie here.

Been gaming since top down only games circa 1988.

First time I remember that you couldnt rebind keys.

Ive done QA in tech years ago and can only imagine how it went with the upper management saying, "lock bindings- too much trouble otherwise!"
QA tech: "fuck man, people are gonna be pissed...."

This sucks ass. Ive always played first person shooters with the extra arrow keys set on the bigger ergonomic keyboards. I never have to look back to find them as there is good space all around.

I lve read about the fix but hopefully this is all fixed within an update. I dont have time liked I used to to dabble about.

I just want to play...
(And I just upgraded to a 2070 super! .. My poor 1700x)

Wow.. game sold better on PC anyway (58% on PC alone they said) and it's RPG/shooter which is best played on kb+m anyway and yet they botchered controls on PC and recommend a controller... I'm lost for words..

I'm having the same problem. You cannot bind UP or DOWN arrow under 'Exploration and Combat'. LEFT and RIGHT arrow works fine. Weirdly, you can bind those keys just fine under the 'Vehicle' section. You also cannot bind 8 or 2 on the number pad. Every FPS game I bind to the arrow keys because I am left handed. I've never had this issue. What gives?
I got the same prob. The game looks very nice but when i cant bind the f and arrow keys its very difficult and not fun.

I got the WASD changed but still can not map anything to RCtrl. As a lefty I always use RCtrl for my use key, and I've tried AutoHotKey scripts (the game won't be overridden), tried changing the config file, and nothing seems to get the game able to even see that particular key. Can anyone help?

Top Bottom