Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The questionable looking bits that got everyone so riled up are still present in the 'improved' version of the trailer, by the way. If that one's actually the improved trailer @TheEvilChris was talking about.

And while CDPR's intentions were undoubtedly good there's nothing wrong with getting slapped around the head with a healthy dose of criticism once in a while. Especially if you're boasting about 'genre-defining, truly next generation audio-visual fidelity' and your latest promotion material, which you'd think represents the status quo of the game 3 months short of release can't live up to that.
Cheers.
Guess I won't have to waste precious bandwidth for this then.

I just finished the new trailer. All the aspects of the previous trailer that we worrying, such as much lower resolution textures are still present.

Ok so i watched new version... in motion it looks nice . I think problem with the old version is that steel on armor of Wild Hunt soldiers isnt "factory new clean" and with bad conversion of youtube it looks atrocious.On new version it looks very nice , armors have some signs of ice/age or smth.

But...there is always but.ground , snow and overall scene of action ... hmm idk it looks like winter ist looking good in Witcher 3.

Could you post a few screenshots? Especially interesting is the segment during 1:01

View attachment 8164
The problems are still present in the uncompressed version. This looks horrible. What the hell is up with this?

Attachments

• 1417904852895.jpg
    1417904852895.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 38
This is what happens when people blindly believe a company's excuses and ignore facts.

Compression issues were never responsible. I said this pages ago as someone who has worked for close to half a decade in video editing.

Just watched it... It is definitely better, but I would say the low-res textures still persist in many portions of the trailer

Yennifer's model is stunning
View attachment 8165
Ciri's as well
View attachment 8166
but as soon as we turn to the wild hunt characters...
View attachment 8167
also the grass and horses...
View attachment 8168

I am definitely much more confident this time that these inconsistencies are from unfinished/pre-alpha textures/builds, and that they will fix them by the release. world is well again, may be just by a little :)

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2014-12-06-17h28m03s180.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-12-06-17h28m03s180.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 34
  • vlcsnap-2014-12-06-17h28m41s3.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-12-06-17h28m41s3.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 41
  • vlcsnap-2014-12-06-17h27m34s45.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-12-06-17h27m34s45.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 46
  • vlcsnap-2014-12-06-17h29m59s251.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-12-06-17h29m59s251.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 52
I was expecting this. The whole compression excuse was very weak. I'm telling you people, this engine is not suited to open world. Witcher 2 blows this away, DA:I is laughing at it.

I was expecting this. The whole compression excuse was very weak. I'm telling you people, this engine is not suited to open world. Witcher 2 blows this away, DA:I is laughing at it.
DA:I cannot presume of anything at all. Even DA: Origins had better textures overall (adding many mods in PC version at least). And TW 3 looks far better than the previous one, that's a fact. That's why SweetFx exists (with Lumasharpen effect) on PC so the lower res textures will look vastly improved in-game.

Last edited:
This thread added 50 pages in the last 8 hours. Took digging back a few pages but glad to see this "official" statement. Great to see a rep giving some feedback and I can't wait to see the new upload, whenever its available.

For future reference, in a thread where a RED has posted you can click on a few places were it says RED to cycle through their posts. See the forum listing for example, or the top of each thread:

View attachment 8171

Attachments

• redpost.jpg
    redpost.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 42
Just saw it. Definitely looks better than the Youtube version. Problems are still present though. Still looks worse than SoD/VGX

Yes, the frost effects need some work, and I mean a lot, and the fire effects as well.

But everything else looks good, damn good.

DA:I cannot presume of anything at all. Even DA: Origins had better textures overall (adding many mods in PC version at least). And TW 3 looks far better than the previous one, you are blind sir.

Sure sure, keep telling yourself that! Someday you might even believe it. And Origins looking better with texture packs? Say goodbye to your credibility.

hmm in that pick of the wild hunt dude it seems that there is more detail underneath the layer of snowy stuff, the snow parts are the ones that look worse by far.

This wouldnt be weird actually, i've played a lot of games where snow made it seem like things were low res or not detailed.

Doesnt have to do with the other low res textures, but just wanted to mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom