Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
It Would Be Unfair to Fans to Not Make Witcher 4, Dev Says

CEO Adam Kicinski says it wouldn't be fair to fans stop making Witcher games, even if the next one is still a long time away.
"It's too early to talk about it, but it's not like we're forgetting about this brand," he said on Polish TV station TVN24 BiS, as translated by Gamepressure. "It wouldn't be fair towards the fans. We work within this universe for over a dozen years now and I don't think it's going to be the end of it."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/it-would-be-unfair-to-fans-to-not-make-witcher-4-d/1100-6432842/

That huge ass FO4 banner on top would help as well... It's especially weird after seeing TW3 "destroy" FO4 on the Global Game Awards vote. The difference in votes was even more than this one, on the opposite side. Anyway, they can't win everything right? :)

Hi folks, i've just spotted this interview with Adam Kicisnki. Can anyone here help with the translation? It sounds like there are some interesting tidbits for both Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3.

http://www.money.pl/gospodarka/tosi...rezes-cd-projekt-mamy-plany,51,0,1974323.html

I take it this is the very same interview the following NeoGAF thread is about: CDPR's CEO on Cyberpunk 2077's release date, The Witcher 3.

From the OP:

This and the next year will be devoted to The Witcher. Apart from the second expansion we have some additional ideas. They should help us animate sales in 2016. The game is selling so well, that we are convinced there are still many people who will buy it if we promote it further.

Life after The Witcher exists. We've been working on Cyberpunk 2077 for a long time. It's a completely different reality, set in the future, with corporations and morally grey world. Just to be clear: We already have the release date for Cyberpunk 2077 planned, but we won't announce it until we are ready to start the marketing campaign. At the moment we're concentrating on The Witcher and don't want to distract users from that product, which we are still monetising.

We are goiing to continue targeting mature audiences with our AAA titles, but we are also working on smaller projects.

We didn't want to publish the budget of The Witcher 3 in case western players got scared thinking it's a low budget game.

I know we are on a business TV, so I am going to use the word "Client", however internally we don't use such nomenclature. They are gamers to us. We are trying to quickly fix any wrongs/problems and want players to talk to us as equals. And that's how we really look at things - I'm not saying it just because I'm in TV. We don't want to exploit gamers for their money (which is what many other gaming companies do) and that's why we don't want to become a part of a larger structure.

I take it this is the very same interview the following NeoGAF thread is about: CDPR's CEO on Cyberpunk 2077's release date, The Witcher 3.

From the OP:
Right On.. Adam says all the right things, I got nothing but love and respect for him and the whole team.
This is how it should be in all things humans do, these guys are great and I can't thank them from my heart enough for giving a fuck and going the extra mile for their fans and games. :)

Last edited:
wonder what the "additional ideas" could be. probably not another expansion. redkit would be nice :D or it could just be purely marketing-related things..

Let us pray that additional ideas means one more expansion in the second half of 2016. Wouldn't it be an AMAZING Christmas gift next year? : )

Let us pray that additional ideas means one more expansion in the second half of 2016. Wouldn't it be an AMAZING Christmas gift next year? : )

If it is an expansion, we'll find out early next year. They'll want to announce it quite a while before B&W releases to generate maximum hype. The way it's worded it sounds more like an Enhanced Edition though, which is fine by me (as long as they add back Iorveth and his cut plotline) either way. Maybe we get lucky and it's both. :p At this point I don't mind if Saskia doesn't show up, but Iorveth and his elves were planed to be in the game from the beginning.

If it is another expansion, that opens up a can of worms for people who own the expansion pass. The price was for 2 expansions, not 3, so I'm wondering how they'll deal with that. If they include it in the expansion pass, they'll lose quite a bit of revenue. If they don't, people might complain.

Last edited:
If it is an expansion, we'll find out early next year. They'll want to announce it quite a while before B&W releases to generate maximum hype. The way it's worded it sounds more like an Enhanced Edition though, which is fine by me (as long as they add back Iorveth and his cut plotline) either way. Maybe we get lucky and it's both. :p At this point I don't mind if Saskia doesn't show up, but Iorveth and his elves were planed to be in the game from the beginning.

If it is another expansion, that opens up a can of worms for people who own the expansion pass. The price was for 2 expansions, not 3, so I'm wondering how they'll deal with that. If they include it in the expansion pass, they'll lose quite a bit of revenue. If they don't, people might complain.
. Some good points there, well.. if they come out and say "hey, we did the two dlc's for the season pass, if you liked those and our game and you want more then it's going to cost you what we think it's worth."
Or for those like me and others who have bought the season pass.. maybe they'll give us a small discount. I'm kool either way.. I just want to keep playing this game, I like. All the new stuff that they keep adding while they continue to improve the game on all levels over time, and I really hope it's as PERFECT as it can be before they sell us the EE of it in a year or two. You know.. if we see a next gen console soon after this.. then I'm all for a remastered version of it, kinda like what RockStar did with GTAV, but consoles better have mods by then and be able to run TW3 EE Remake on ULTRA by then. I'm down, I love this game.. it's fun and the graphics are the best man. Ok.. blah,bla,blah.. I'm out. :) lol

. Some good points there, well.. if they come out and say "hey, we did the two dlc's for the season pass, if you liked those and our game and you want more then it's going to cost you what we think it's worth."
Or for those like me and others who have bought the season pass.. maybe they'll give us a small discount. I'm kool either way.. I just want to keep playing this game, I like. All the new stuff that they keep adding while they continue to improve the game on all levels over time, and I really hope it's as PERFECT as it can be before they sell us the EE of it in a year or two. You know.. if we see a next gen console soon after this.. then I'm all for a remastered version of it, kinda like what RockStar did with GTAV, but consoles better have mods by then and be able to run TW3 EE Remake on ULTRA by then. I'm down, I love this game.. it's fun and the graphics are the best man. Ok.. blah,bla,blah.. I'm out. :) lol

EEs of the first two games were free to the people who already own the game ;) Even Witcher 2 version 2.0. So I don't think they would try to "sell" it, if they plan on doing it.

Unless CDPR decide to take resources from CP2077 to be able to continue working on Witcher 3 content, or they hire more people, I would not expect too much. The ~2.5 months delay between patch 1.11 and 1.12 (to be released in January) will already be the longest so far, and 1.12 will reportedly only contain "fixes" and according to a recent post by Marcin Momot it "shouldn't be too big". That suggests that TW3 development is already being gradually phased out, and BaW is the last major project. If the BaW team is planned to move on to working on CP2077 once the expansion is out, then significant content additions to Witcher 3 after that are not likely.

Considering that the development of both expansions has apparently already started before the release of the base game, it would be difficult to make a third one from scratch in only 6 months after Blood and Wine, let alone with a probably smaller team. That is, assuming it is not already in the works, but there is not much reason not to announce it as soon as possible.

I think an enhanced edition is a possibility, but the content changes in it might not be as significant as some hope. The previous game had to be cut down before release more than TW3 (if I recall correctly, it lost an entire fourth chapter, and the third chapter ended up being very short), and still the EE only added two new quests and some new/improved cutscenes, and the story and existing quests were not changed. I would expect similar stuff for TW3 as well (if not less), maybe some more small free DLCs, and various gameplay and technical improvements.

Top Bottom