Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Can anyone confirm that The WItcher 3 will be getting a DX12 patch? It was implied that TW3 and Batman Arkham Knight would be DX12 ready by an article on MSI's website.

Can anyone confirm that The WItcher 3 will be getting a DX12 patch? It was implied that TW3 and Batman Arkham Knight would be DX12 ready by an article on MSI's website.

It's already confimed that this was a failure on MSI's end. No DX12 for Witcher 3.

By the way, am I the only one who found that quest video on the Xbox channel kind of blurry for 1080p? I mean, it was confirmed in the meantime that it's indeed 1008p material coming from the PC version. But for that it doesn't really look as sharp as it should and as other videos looked before...

I love the quest.
It is so morally ambiguous. It seems like letting the man go with the medicine is the lesser of two evils, because he is going to save the lives of his brother in arms. But if you think about it, he might just be outright lying to your face. He might have planned to steal the medicine and then sell it to the Nilfgaardians to make money.
I would turn him in, because he admitted to murder and his motive is ambiguous..

Yep. If that's an example of a random event in the game, a mini-quest, then color me fucking impressed. It had the basic ingredients of a TW2 dilemma in condensed form. I was worried whether they could pull this off but clearly they can. In other open world games it would have been:

"Hey, can you fetch me that box?"
"Sure."
"Thanks!"

Items gained: 50 crowns.

Yep. If that's an example of a random event in the game, a mini-quest, then color me fucking impressed. It had the basic ingredients of a TW2 dilemma in condensed form. I was worried whether they could pull this off but clearly they can. In other open world games it would have been:

"Hey, can you fetch me that box?"
"Sure."
"Thanks!"

Items gained: 50 crowns.
Oh, it can be same here too... or it could have much greater ramifications. That's great storytelling.

It's already confimed that this was a failure on MSI's end. No DX12 for Witcher 3.

By the way, am I the only one who found that quest video on the Xbox channel kind of blurry for 1080p? I mean, it was confirmed in the meantime that it's indeed 1008p material coming from the PC version. But for that it doesn't really look as sharp as it should and as other videos looked before...

It was compressed as hell don't worry. On the rare moment you can see something it's gorgeous XD

i usually don´t like gamespot because they are paid to give good reviews. but i like that cd proyect red just give them time and the exclusive. gamespot paid for the trip, the hotel and everything, the editor said that they don't do that for any game and they think that the hype its justified. i am a fan boy i know but i really love that cdp put the money on youtubers that don´t get money from the publishers of games and don´t have that entrepreneur side. they are closer to us gamers and i think that its awesome how we vote and support with our money awesome guys like cdp. :yes:

Read through "Precious Cargo" Neogaf thread. Never ever going to touch that forum again :facepalm:
But yeah, looks pretty cool for a small fetch quest. :)

I like neogaf on the whole, but yea sometimes I feel like it's full of blind or stupid. Everything is atrocious apparently :)

The constant berating of the Voice Acting, Lip-Sync and Animations really got to me.

Although I think we're going to have to get used to that being a common statement when the game comes out. People who expect The Last of Us, Uncharted, The Order or GTAV levels of facial expressions, VA and lip-syncing, in a game like The Witcher 3. People who just think that since every other AAA game has it, why doesn't The Witcher 3?

It's like if every VA isn't Nolan North or Troy Baker, then they're shit. If every character isn't meticulously mocapped, it's shit. Screw building an authentic, believable world, with VA's that actually sound like natural folk planted within that world, screw the fact that this is a game which is unparalleled in scope/size, even to something like GTAV and not to mention the lack of time and budget to pull that off. Instead of looking at the INCREDIBLE strides the Series has made, and even the crazy amount of improvement in those areas over their last game, nah just make completely absurd and unfair comparisons...

I'm trying to make that statement a little more general, because we're not here to talk about NeoGAF, and it's the kind of ridiculous comments I can see popping up all over the net, and not just one specific forum. I just hope there's enough sensible people out there across the communities to tell those people how ridiculous they are, not that they'll probably listen, but at least they'll try, and maybe get some sense into a few people.

Ugh, whatever. Just had to get that off my chest.

I think there are a lot of people who got interested in W3 but never saw RPG before. They dont understand the difference between RPG dialog and pretty cutscene between gameplay parts. You dont even have to make excuses like low budget or open world. This is the best VA and animations I ever saw in a side quest conversation. And I bet that main quests and bigger side quests are going to be even better.

This may have been already mentioned but, why did the Temerian Soldier go to the Nilfgaardian camp willingly and why was he not bound? And why did Geralt not disarm him first?

Adding to that, in the Charles Dance video you see Geralt in a private session with Emhyr with both swords and his crossbow. Wouldn't be disarmed in that circumstance too?

This may have been already mentioned but, why did the Temerian Soldier go to the Nilfgaardian camp willingly and why was he not bound? And why did Geralt not disarm him first?

Adding to that, in the Charles Dance video you see Geralt in a private session with Emhyr with both swords and his crossbow. Wouldn't be disarmed in that circumstance too?

The merchant got completely overpowered by Geralt, would you really try to run again if you had a Witcher right behind you that could draw his sword and cut you down in a blur? Geralt really doesn't need to worry about disarming and binding his opponents, certainly not lowly soldiers like that guy.

As for Emhyr, he has a history with Geralt, and I doubt Geralt would be in any position to cut him down (Nor would he want too). Not to mention even if he was somehow able to pull it off, he'd be either killed before he could leave the palace, or he'd be eternally hunted. Geralt isn't that stupid.

[True stuff]
Unfortunately, it's the kind of reaction you should expect from people who only play "blockbuster" action-y games and nothing else. I know a few like that, I tried being reasonable, tried explaining but well it just doesn't work. So in the end I just gave up :p

You don't listen to an obese person for diet advice, likewise you don't listen to a person who doesn't play RPGs for their RPG advice. And then of course there's the 'self proclaimed critic' crowd.... but I digress

Sadly CDPR want this audience to try their game as well even if it's not meant for them so while the actual game's target audience possibly aren't those people, the marketing is clearly trying to sell it to them.

/rant

Agreed, Vigilance. There are too many posts that have a very bilateral attitude. If something isn't glorious, it has to be terrible. It was most evident during the downgrade discussions when people were in full exaggeration mode and said the game looks fugly. I frequently get the feeling in the last half year that people are playing games I don't even know exist, the way they judge some things about TW3.

I also believe that games are such a unique product that you have to take into consideration the full picture and all their features. TW3 might no be the best in every single category (though I do think that where it isn't the best, it's close to being), and it's not immune to criticism just because it has many aspects (though I do think the criticism lately has been reaching absurd levels). But when everything is taken into account, then holy shit, it's disgusting how ambitious it is. I do not find anything that matches in scope. Comparing it to linear games is just so bizarre that I move on. Comparing it to other open world games makes more sense, but even then I do not find anything that in its whole is as impressive.

The funny thing is that with how elaborate TW3 is - world size, world design, RPG mechanics, countless dialogues, melee combat instead of guns (which is considerably more complicated), choices and consequences, and more - it had all the excuses to be mediocre in many aspects. And it isn't. I mean, look at this.
This is stunning for a game of this scope. Actually, scratch that - this is just stunning, plain and simple.

Then there's this too,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrXxdy9Qgpk&t=1m17s

His lips tremble. They tremble. The lips of a very minor character, of a very minor quest, in the prologue, tremble. This isn't something reserved for the main storyline with a fancy cinematic. It's something you might completely miss. Hell, it's an animation you might completely miss even if you do not skip the quest because of how subtle it is. I didn't notice it the first time around. They don't wave it around, which makes it all the more authentic. I'm still stoked about discovering this detail.

Anyway, there will always be people who are unfazed about everything or are there to hate. Nothing much to do about that. Just be happy that you're not as completely bored of games as they seem to be.

Last edited:
The lip sync seems to be a mixed bag in my opinion, which is expected for a game of this scope.
the lip sync does not look that great in this video, but it is spot on in the royal Wyvern hunt video.
It is still impressive for an RPG of this caliber, but I think CDPR could have given us a more consistent game if they had more time and money.
But we do not live in a perfect world.

the facial expresions in the precious cargo quest were fantastic imo...the look geralt gives the nordling when he tells him to "plough yourself mutant"....is priceless...HAH...

The lip sync seems to be a mixed bag in my opinion, which is expected for a game of this scope.
the lip sync does not look that great in this video, but it is spot on in the royal Wyvern hunt video.

Has anyone checked the lipsync on the uncompressed video? I've had some really crap experiences in the past with animations where the lipsync was fine on the original but off on Youtube.

Top Bottom